NEW TUTORIAL: How to Resize Graphics for Posting

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

NEW TUTORIAL: How to Resize Graphics for Posting

Post by FORDification »

OK. It seems that one of the more frequently-asked questions here on the forums is how to resize pictures to allow them to be attached here on the forums or for uploading to an album in the Photo Gallery. Well folks, I've spent the evening doing something to answer that question.

One of the main problems people had was the lack of software that was easy to use, easy to understand and most importantly, it had to be free. (We need to save our money for truck parts, after all!) So I've been researching various freeware image resizing programs, to find one that would fit the bill. I finally found one called 'PIXresizer' today, which fit all the requirements I'd set down. It's fairly small, very easy to use and understand....and best of all it's totally free.

So I've created a new tutorial on using this very nice little program to resize images for posting/attaching here. It's not a full-featured graphics editor, so there's nothing to learn. It's only function is to resize and/or rotate a graphic, and to save it in one of several different formats. Even those of you who admit to not being very computer-savvy will be easily able to use this in a matter of minutes.

Because PIXresizer is freeware, it can be freely distributed...therefore, I'll be hosting the installation file right here at FORDification.com. The download link is on the tutorial. Just download it, install, and in minutes you'll be a pro at resizing your graphics, ready to be posted. This little program can also be used for resizing an image for creating a forum avatar.

So here's the new tutorial:

How to Resize Graphics for Posting

For future reference, the link to this tutorial has been posted to the Site Index, the avatar creation tutorial and the How to Upload Pictures to your Photo Gallery tutorial and specifically referred to within the text of the last two.

So those of you who haven't uploaded any pics to your Photo Album or have been disappointed that your digital camera's high-resolution pictures can't be attached to a forum post because of their size now have no excuse. Trust me, this little program is VERY easy to use. If you figured out the forum's registration process, then you can do your own image resizing. So get yer butts in gear and get them pics posted! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

But I just use the Windows picture viewer to re-size them.

anyways, another great tutorial for us from the master!
thank you Keith! :thup:
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: NEW TUTORIAL: How to Resize Graphics for Posting

Post by binder56jd »

Thanks Keith- I was not aware the windows pic viewer would do that- had used my hp camera program to edit them down but it's not necessarily a one click deal thanks again JD
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
68half/step4x4

re: NEW TUTORIAL: How to Resize Graphics for Posting

Post by 68half/step4x4 »

That was so easy even a computer dummie like me got it the first time!
Thanks

half/step
If it's too loud, you're too old!!!