General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

death

Post by 68 Ford Stepside »

Hi everyone,

My dad, Wayne Ott, passed away last night. He loved reading and posting on this site (68 Ford Stepside). Thank you for being his friends.

Dads viewing will be at Culler-Mcalhany Funeral Home from 5-7pm this Sunday, 13 Oct 2013 in North, SC.

The funeral will be Monday, 14 Oct 2013 at 2pm at Calvary Baptist Church in Neeses, SC.

http://www.mcalhanyfuneralhome.com/

Mom's contact info:

Deborah Ott
582 Vann Pond Road
North, SC 29112

(803)247-5876
"Have A Great Ford Day"
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: death

Post by flyboy2610 »

Your dad was a great guy. He will be missed here very much. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
:cry:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Calfdemon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Calfdemon »

Thank you for coming back on here and passing on the sad news. Your father let us all know that this was coming and was a regular fixture around here for the time he had left. He passed on plenty of knowledge to us all and seemed to really enjoy himself here even with what he was going through. I know that he really was enjoying fixing up his truck for the purpose of passing it on to you. Again, thank you for coming on here and letting us know he finally passed. He will truly be missed and while we are all sad that he had to leave us, I am at least happy to have gotten to "know" him and also now know that he is no longer having any of those "hard days" as he would put it, as the pain is finally gone.

I wish you and your whole family the best and am grateful for having the chance to have interacted with Wayne.
-Rich

Current toys -
69 Ford F350 Crew Cab - 460 / C6 - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... lqgskp.jpg
31 Ford Vicky - 1955 270 Red Ram Hemi / 4 speed - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bsibvn.jpg

Former toys -
67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible (sold 9/13) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bird-1.jpg
67 Ford Fairlane GT - 390 / 4 speed (sold 7/15) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... c5hu8z.jpg
68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Thanks guys. Here is a photo of dad, me and brother John in the '68.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Have A Great Ford Day"
69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 69Ford »

Sorry to hear the news your dad will be greatly missed on fordification. I learned alot more than trucks from his posts. God Bless
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6
fireguywtc
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fireguywtc »

Very sorry for you and your family's loss. Thank you for informing us, it is greatly appreciated. He will certainly be missed as he was a great person to have in this community.
Bill
1967 F-250 LWB 2WD 352 V8, 4spd manual, true duals, 122k original miles (currently being restored)
1970 F-250 4x4 highboy ranger 390 V8, 4spd
2012 F-350 PSD FX4 LWB CC lariat, white
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... hp?uid=602
"If you want to judge a person's true character, give them power."
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Thank you for sharing your grief with us. Over the past several months I'd gotten to know Wayne as a friend and fellow bump enthusiast. We shared many PMs and emails and even with all he was going through he always shared his wisdom and advice readily. He was a good man and I consider myself priveleged to have called him my friend. May God bless you all and bring you comfort during this difficult time. I hope you'll join our community here so his legacy and his truck will continue to live on with us.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

Thanks for message :( . Wayne was a great guy. I got to know him a little through the PM's we sent each other. He was a great help on rebuilding my engine. I never got to meet him but wish i did. As your father would say,"HAVE A GREAT FORD DAY"
RIP WAYNE OTT
70shortwide

Post by 70shortwide »

It was always nice to see the posts he would put up, sometimes just to say he appreciated a small thing in life. puts things into perspective sometimes, and we all need that in life. I get the feeling that his personality was immortalized here on Fordification...
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

God bless you and the family.
May the Lord comfort and strengthen each one of you.
We will miss your father, he made Fordification a better site.
Thank you so very much for posting that on here even while you are grieving so much yourself.
stephen44
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by stephen44 »

great guy - my thoughts and prayers are with everyone - be strong.
thanks

Stephen
(1967 F100, FE352, 2wd, 3 on the tree, flareside)
68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Thanks for your prayers and kind words. Here is dads obituary.

Vernon Wayne Ott
February 13, 1947 - October 11, 2013

Vernon Wayne Ott, 66, of North, died Friday, October 11, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m., Monday, October 14, 2013, at Calvary Baptist
Church in Neeses with Rev. William T. Jacques officiating. Burial will be in the church
cemetery. The casket will be placed in the church at 1:00.

Pallbearers will be Brian Fogle, Rusty Williamson, Jason Corbett, Bryan Trotter, Jonathan
(J.J.) Robinson and Bryant Corbett.

Mr. Ott was raised in Eutawville, SC, a son of the late John William and Elanor Louise
Holdford Ott, Jr. He was retired from SCE&G Cope Power Plant, and was also a Vietnam
Veteran.

Survivors include his wife, Deborah Ott of the home; two sons, Ross Wayne (Jennifer) Ott
and John William Ott; grandson, Noah Ott; and two sisters, Marilyn Thompson and Penny
Varner.

The family will receive friends from 5-7 p.m., Sunday at Culler-McAlhany Funeral Home in
North and other times at the home of his wife, 582 Vann Pond Road, North.

Memorials may be made to Calvary Baptist Church or South Carolina Hospice and
Palliative Care, 1800 Main Street, Suite 100, Columbia, SC, 29201.
"Have A Great Ford Day"
tsherry
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tsherry »

Prayers for you and your family. Your dad was a good man, and contributed greatly to Fordification. We'll miss him sorely.
too many Fords, no where near 'nuff time.

or, money.
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Kurt Combs »

Sorry to hear about your loss. I always like to read your dad's posts, he seemed to enjoy life to its fullest and to appreciate the small things. I'll be praying for you and your family during this trying time.
Kurt
1972 F-250
fbomb100
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by fbomb100 »

I'm sorry for your loss .I too as many here love reading his post on every thing!!! I like reading them I'm going to miss them !! My prayers to you and whole family. thx you for letting us know