Last Fling 'Til Spring car show pictures posted...

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Last Fling 'Til Spring car show pictures posted...

Post by FORDification »

The big Last Fling 'Til Spring Car show was held today in my hometown of West Point, Nebraska, and I was out scouting for bumpside trucks to take pictures of. Unlike other years where I'd be lucky to find one, this year I found FOUR! I just got done editing the pictures and posted them up to a new picture page at the following link:

Last Fling 'Til Spring Car Show 2010
Image Image Image Image

There are also a few pictures of Dennis Gage of "My Classic Car" fame, who was in town today working on a feature for an upcoming episode. (And I happened to "accidentally" get myself into the background during an interview, so when the feature airs in January I might get to see my ugly mug on TV!) :evil:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Last Fling 'Til Spring car show pictures posted...

Post by basketcase0302 »

Cool pictures Keith, thanks for sharing. I really like the rear window louvers on this truck:
Any idea are they custom made or who makes them?

Also saw everybody there with light jackets on, fall already hit ya'll?
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
TheEskimo
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TheEskimo »

Great pics Keith, that must be an awesome show
-Jason
1972 F250 Camper Special 360ci
1973 F100 Custom 390ci
1985 Thinderbird 302ci (DD)
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

It really is! It's the largest one-day car show in the Midwest, and averages 600-700 cars, truck motorcycles, etc. I used to be a member of the Road Gems (the club that hosts the event), but I got stuck working all day on car show day, which really sucked...'cause I wanted to be out enjoying the show. So I resigned as a member, just so I could be selfish and actually enjoy the show as a spectator.

As some of you know, I'm also into classic Oldsmobiles, and I ended up taking pictures of virtually every '60s/'70s Oldsmobile at the show (several dozen at least). I'll be posting them to my other website at OLDSmobility.com as soon as I can finish up processing all the pics. I'll post a link here too for those of you who also appreciate vintage non-Ford iron. :thup: And then I have a few other misc. pics that I'll post here that I'm sure you guys are gonna freak over. How about a "1 of 1" '65 Galaxie R-code 4-door, which came from the factory with a 427 and a Toploader!

Here's a few teasers of another 'creation' that totally blew me away....as well as everyone else at the show. It was actually pretty difficult getting pics of this behemoth, because there were big crowds around it all day long. (I got a bunch of pics of this one and will post them later too.)
Image Image Image
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by BiggDogg »

WoW! What is that monster! Its like the Frankenstein of trucks or something! I'd be interested in seeing in roll down the street, or thru a parking lot :lol:
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Here are the rest of the pics I have of that creation...I'll have them posted here to a picture page very soon.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Wow...just a little sidenote on the pics above.

I actually specifically shot those hot-rod pictures to share with the members of the H.A.M.B. forum, thinking they'd get some appreciation of the engineering it took to create it. Apparently I was wrong. I posted these exact same thumbnailed pictures there, with the subject line "Winner of the "Holy Sh*t" class" and it immediately got deleted. I got a PM stating I needed to read the posting rules, which I did. I noticed they had a rule stating no profanity in the subject line, and since mine did (somewhat), I thought "no problem", and edited the subject line to read "Winner of the "Holy Cow" class", and reposted.

Within minutes, it too got deleted...PLUS I was informed that I was being issued an infraction worth 4 points for "creating drama". :eek: :? HUH?

I sent a PM to a mod asking them what was going on. I received the following reply:
The HAMB concentrates on Trad Hot Rods & Trad Customs.

Not this kind of Ratrodarific garbage...Please post things that are Relevant and On Topic...
How ironic that the mod who is issuing me infractions for posting pictures which he deems as off-topic because it doesn't deal with "traditional hot rods" has this as his avatar:

So I had to respond back:
Ah..."traditional" hotrods...like the one in your avatar? ;)

...My fault, I didn't realize the HAMB forum membership had gotten so narrow in it's focus....
:roll:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by BiggDogg »

What a bunch of goofballs over there. I don't love it or hate it, I just can't take my eyes off of it. I wonder what its registered as :lol:

Just another reminder of how great a site FORDification is! Thanks Keith! :fr:
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
TheEskimo
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TheEskimo »

:yt: :fr:
-Jason
1972 F250 Camper Special 360ci
1973 F100 Custom 390ci
1985 Thinderbird 302ci (DD)
SoCalExile
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by SoCalExile »

FORDification wrote:Wow...just a little sidenote on the pics above.

I actually specifically shot those hot-rod pictures to share with the members of the H.A.M.B. forum, thinking they'd get some appreciation of the engineering it took to create it. Apparently I was wrong. I posted these exact same thumbnailed pictures there, with the subject line "Winner of the "Holy Sh*t" class" and it immediately got deleted. I got a PM stating I needed to read the posting rules, which I did. I noticed they had a rule stating no profanity in the subject line, and since mine did (somewhat), I thought "no problem", and edited the subject line to read "Winner of the "Holy Cow" class", and reposted.

Within minutes, it too got deleted...PLUS I was informed that I was being issued an infraction worth 4 points for "creating drama". :eek: :? HUH?

I sent a PM to a mod asking them what was going on. I received the following reply:
The HAMB concentrates on Trad Hot Rods & Trad Customs.

Not this kind of Ratrodarific garbage...Please post things that are Relevant and On Topic...
How ironic that the mod who is issuing me infractions for posting pictures which he deems as off-topic because it doesn't deal with "traditional hot rods" has this as his avatar:

So I had to respond back:
Ah..."traditional" hotrods...like the one in your avatar? ;)

...My fault, I didn't realize the HAMB forum membership had gotten so narrow in it's focus....
:roll:
Yeah that place has a lot of jackasses who forgot what hotrods were all about.

Just go to www.killbillet.com and post it, they'll eat it up.
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 67nukeford »

Man, I'd like to know more about that green F-250's fuel tank, how he did it, and what tank he used. That is a gorgeous truck! I wish I would have know about the show, I would have gone. Thanks for the great pics Keith!
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
19FORD67
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 19FORD67 »

Keith, your web site is absolutely the best IMO. We all appreciate your hard work you have put in to it even though we might not say it sometimes.
:fr:
'67 352 3spd 3.25 9" Custom Cab
'92 Mercury Cougar
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?pos=-3222