New tech page (under construction) - Hubcap Identification

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

New tech page (under construction) - Hubcap Identification

Post by FORDification »

A couple nights ago I got started on a little project I've been meaning to do for a while, and that is to put together a comprehensive listing of the hubcaps available for '60s-'70s Ford trucks, along with pertinent info on them, such as size, OEM part number, etc. I went ahead and posted what I've got so far....which isn't really much yet....at the following link:

Hubcap Identification Chart

As you can see, I'm just getting started. The pictures posted on this page are just some I've collected over the past few years in anticipation of getting this page started, so I don't really have a lot of info for each yet. I decided to go ahead and post what I've done so far so that you all could help fill in the missing pieces.

If anyone has access to a Hollander's Hubcap Interchange manual, that would give a lot of very necessary info. Otherwise, if you have access to any info at all (as long as it's verified correct) please e-mail me and I'll get it posted. In the meantime I'll continue researching this topic and adding info as it becomes available.

Sometime in the future I'll also be adding a factory wheel ID chart, showing all the various flavors of factory sport rims up through the '90s which will fit our trucks.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: New tech page (under construction) - Hubcap Identificati

Post by FORDification »

Well, I sure hope the 8 hours I invested into updating the Hubcap ID page is going to prove worthwhile to somebody. I finally got my hands on a copy of the Hollander Wheelcover Interchange manual, and have posted the info pertaining to Ford trucks on the ID page. Unfortunately, this manual only deals with full-size wheel covers, not any of the dog-dish styles commonly used on our trucks....so those areas of the ID page will have to wait until I can track down some more info on them. However, there's a LOT more information on this page than there was this morning. :D

Stay tuned for more updates.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by customcrewcab »

:eek: thanks!
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
campfire67

Post by campfire67 »

Found that page to be really helpfull :thup:

Keep up the good work :clap:
Life is to short to worry..... be happy :D
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Very informative page, Keith. From the chart it looks like my truck should have full wheelcovers.
Instead I have two different styles of hubcaps.
I like the ones I have on the rear better.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, just keep in mind that the Hollander chart that's posted to this page has no info on the dog-dish caps, so it's entirely likely that your truck came with one of those instead. I don't think there's any real way of knowing what you got, unless you got lucky and found your original build sheet. (And if you DID, you need to also go out and buy a lottery ticket!) ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video