New photo-tutorial: Factory A/C Control Cable Hookups

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

New photo-tutorial: Factory A/C Control Cable Hookups

Post by FORDification »

Over the years, there's been numerous instances where a forum member was re-installing a factory AC/heater combo (the suitcase style) but had trouble remembering where the four control cables from the heater control panel were supposed to be reattached. The question was again asked in a recent forum thread, and so I figured it was about time to put together some photo-documentation to answer this question once and for all. The following link should answer any questions on what cables get connected where on the factory A/C setup:

Factory A/C Control Cable Hookups

You'll have to excuse the dirty A/C unit used in the photos for this tutorial...the pics were taken immediately after removing the unit from the truck, and I was taking these photos for my own future use. But hopefully they'll help someone out. :D

For future reference, this page is linked to from the Technical Articles Index and the Site Index.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: New photo-tutorial: Factory A/C Control Cable Hookups

Post by ford4x4fun »

I often wonder where you find the time to do all that you do! :hmm: Did you ever get the projecter you where needing?
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l