New forum modifications installed

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

New forum modifications installed

Post by FORDification »

Get to spend the afternoon at home. The kids are at daycare, my wife is sleeping (worked the late shift last night), so I'm doing some tweaking of the forums.

In an effort to make new unread threads a little easier to see, I've adjusted the background color of those, so that they're just a tad darker than the read topics. Should make them easier to see at a glance.

I'm now working on moving the Poster Profile information in the topics back to the left side of the page, like we're more accustomed to seeing. If you're surfing the board while this is happening, you might notice some messed-up pages...that means I did something wrong in the code but will be switching it back momentarily while I try to figure out what I did wrong. :roll:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: New forum modifications installed

Post by FORDification »

Got the Profile info on the left side now, and a new 'Online' graphic posted, which will be displayed next to a member's avatar whenever they're logged in.

I also incorporated a neat little flashing icon in the header which will be more attention-getting, to alert you to new private messages in your Inbox. Image
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

very cool changes! this just keeps getting better and better. :woohoo:
TheEskimo
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TheEskimo »

Loving it Keith, this place is really getting fancy.
-Jason
1972 F250 Camper Special 360ci
1973 F100 Custom 390ci
1985 Thinderbird 302ci (DD)
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

Hey Keith!

Just logged on and was surfing, I didn't even notice the changes, cause I was use to everything being on the left side anyhow. I really like it, and I like the (ONLINE) bar better than the other one. This is looking awsome, and just so you know I like the buttons up top in the reply section makes posting an image user friendly or quoting someone :thup: :rock: :fr: :rock:
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

You'll notice I finally was able to incorporate the online radio again....look up in the upper right-hand corner. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
TheEskimo
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TheEskimo »

:hd: Sweet!!! I can listen to tunes again while writing reports at work. 22 in thick rock walls and my lack of a music player have been taking their toll on me while that was down :lol:
-Jason
1972 F250 Camper Special 360ci
1973 F100 Custom 390ci
1985 Thinderbird 302ci (DD)
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I just added another cool software mod, for those of you who tend to link to off-site images which are too large for the forum. When you use the Image

If you're like me and preview your post before hitting the Submit button, you'll notice the linked-to image will appear full-size in the Preview window...the image resizer doesn't work when Previewing images. However, upon hitting the Submit button and then looking at your post, the image will be thumbnailed as shown. :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Thunderfoot »

8) Very cool feature, plus it opens the full size photo in a new window! :woohoo: :thup: :thup:
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
Joshpow
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Joshpow »

Cool stuff Keith. Loving all the changes. Good software.
Josh

72 F-100 Ranger XLT SWB
71 F-100 Custom SWB
67 F-350 Dually Dump
02 F-250 Stroke
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2972100
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Had to un-install the latest mod. It was causing problems when viewing the site with IE. I'll get it reinstalled after I fix the problem later this evening.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

OK, the picture resizer is reinstalled. I'm probably going to wait a few more days before making any other code adjustments, just to make sure the tweak is stable and isn't causing any problems with anyone else for proceeding to the next one. If anyone does see anything out of the ordinary, please let me know. :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
jades addiction

Post by jades addiction »

Can you please tell me how to modify a picture for the advatar to make it 6 kb? everytime I seem to resize my original photo to upload to the advatar it says file is to large and must be 6 kb .I dont know what Im doing wrong(computer illiterate?)thanks again
300 six banger 3 speed on the tree with 33,000 orig. miles Next was to get it painted and restored ,3 years later a new motor f(1986 302 5.0 HO ) parts from a 1971 mustang to a 1965 mustang .. huge aluminum radiator to keep at 160 degrees, bored 60 over, cam 750cfm edelbrock with a matching performer, roller rockers on new edelbrock 201 aluminum heads, and mustang headers,HEI distributor, Just put on a power disc brake conversion kit 11 3/4 inch rotors from MPBrakes ,brings a whole new meaning stopping on a dime!Got rear leaf springs ,dropped 2.5 inches and she cruises so much nicer!