Trouble logging on since forum upgrades? Read this

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Trouble logging on since forum upgrades? Read this

Post by FORDification »

I've had several forum members contact me since the forum software upgrades to let me know that they've been unable to log in. These members all had one thing in common...they had an apostrophe in their usernames. Upon further investigation, I've discovered that the new software doesn't like usernames with non-alpha-numeric characters in them, such as quotation marks, apostrophes, tildes, etc. Their information is still stored in the database, but these non-alpha-numeric characters in their usernames are being converted to other symbols which will not allow them to log in.

Therefore....although I normally don't allow username changes, in these cases I'll definitely make an exception. If you're having trouble logging in and your username contains anything besides letters, numbers, a dash or an underscore, please e-mail me from the e-mail account you used to register on the forums and let me know what an acceptable username alternative is, and I'll take care of it for you.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!