Happy Friday 13th....I'm BACK! (Please read!)

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Happy Friday 13th....I'm BACK! (Please read!)

Post by willowbilly3 »

Keith, it's good to see you back. I've been checking in on you and asking around. I kinda wondered why nobody here seemed to notice when you didn't post for 5 weeks.
I had already self imposed what you asked and realized that by following those rules I have not much constructive to add.
For all you guys who just want to flap your gums you can start your own board real easy. And that's a bunch of you. Some of us old guys have one now and we all talk trash all day long (and all night)
Thanks Keith.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: re: Happy Friday 13th....I'm BACK! (Please read!)

Post by FORDification »

hardtailjohn wrote:So if I'm reading this correctly, you don't want any more "non-auto" related threads?
John
In the General Discussion area, I'm pretty open about what's being discussed...as long as it's an actual DISCUSSION, and not a few guys trading insults (in good fun or otherwise). In other words, the thread has to actually have some meat to it...something to learn or share...and not just "Hey, whatcha doing?", "Nothing, how's the weather up your way?". This kind of chit-chat can be handled via a private message, or in the Chat Room or on an IM program...but really has no business being posted to the forum for everyone to have to suffer through. Know what I mean? ;) It can certainly involve non-automotive discussion...but it has to be an actual discussion, and not idle chit-chat.

It's kinda hard to sit and try to describe what's OK and what's not, so I'll be somewhat more easy-going for the next few weeks while we get things back on track here. As a general rule, just ask yourself the question "Will my post be contributing something positive/useful to the thread?" If not, then just don't do it. Think of the forums as more of a town hall meeting, and not just two guys hanging out at the local pub shooting pool.

In other words...it IS possible to have a thought and keep it to yourself, if it doesn't serve the group as a whole! ;)

It seems that a bunch of chit-chat is being posted by the same 5-6 people...with a majority of those being of the 'below-20' set. These are the members who I'll be watching, trying to get them steering into the right direction, by educating them between the difference of useful thread contribution and mind-numbing babble.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
sport71
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by sport71 »

Hey Keith, I've not posted much at all, but I've been reading alot of no good stuff here. I really beleave that all new commers should be welcomed in a good way, or we may never know the good that they might provide to FORDification. I agree with you 100% brother.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all you dads. God Bless. ruben :D
Those who do not learn the lessons of history, are doomed to repeat it.
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

FORDification wrote:
hardtailjohn wrote:So if I'm reading this correctly, you don't want any more "non-auto" related threads?
John
In the General Discussion area, I'm pretty open about what's being discussed...as long as it's an actual DISCUSSION, and not a few guys trading insults (in good fun or otherwise). In other words, the thread has to actually have some meat to it...something to learn or share...and not just "Hey, whatcha doing?", "Nothing, how's the weather up your way?". This kind of chit-chat can be handled via a private message, or in the Chat Room or on an IM program...but really has no business being posted to the forum for everyone to have to suffer through. Know what I mean? ;) It can certainly involve non-automotive discussion...but it has to be an actual discussion, and not idle chit-chat.

It's kinda hard to sit and try to describe what's OK and what's not, so I'll be somewhat more easy-going for the next few weeks while we get things back on track here. As a general rule, just ask yourself the question "Will my post be contributing something positive/useful to the thread?" If not, then just don't do it. Think of the forums as more of a town hall meeting, and not just two guys hanging out at the local pub shooting pool.

In other words...it IS possible to have a thought and keep it to yourself, if it doesn't serve the group as a whole! ;)

It seems that a bunch of chit-chat is being posted by the same 5-6 people...with a majority of those being of the 'below-20' set. These are the members who I'll be watching, trying to get them steering into the right direction, by educating them between the difference of useful thread contribution and mind-numbing babble.
Glad your back :thup: Hope alls well with you and Family.
Ford Is The Mountain That The Rock fell Off Of.

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.8 Heavy Duty 4EOD
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

Welcome back, and Thank You! 8)
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

welcome back keith. Ive been off for a while to. still trying to catch back up myself.
My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Welcome back Keith.

As far as the new rules go: Thank You!!!
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

Uh oh! Let's get back in line here. I miss the old days.
Last edited by FLATBEDFORD on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

glad to see you back keith.and yes i did notice you were gone for awhile.so i guess im a man of few words.but it is really good to see you back.
steve
Life is 90% how you take it10% what you make it
fomocoguy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fomocoguy »

67RED wrote:glad to see you back keith.and yes i did notice you were gone for awhile.so i guess im a man of few words.but it is really good to see you back.
:yt: Glad to see you back in action Keith!
Joe

1971 F100 flareside 8ft
1964 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country wagon
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins
2005 Ford Ranger
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

Keith,

Good to hear form you. Thanks for all you do.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Keith,

Didn't even realize you'd been gone, (cause I've been pretty consumed with life lately too). Hope all is well with you and your family.
I'll make sure to take my nice pills every day before I log-on.
:)

Jeff
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by F100builder »

Welcome back Keith! Glad to have you at the reigns again. I hope all is well with your family, moving, etc.
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: Happy Friday 13th....I'm BACK! (Please read!)

Post by 390Nut »

FORDification wrote:
3) Please NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS! ...Therefore, from this point on there will be a zero-tolerance position regarding any discussions of a political nature. Such threads will be deleted immediately and without warning. Just an FYI.
Thank You! One of the lesser reasons why I haven't been around much lately, is seeing the political junk growing.

Just no two ways about it. When politics or religion are being discussed, there are too strong of feelings involved, and name-calling and bashing always happens sooner or later. Unfortunately, the two often go hand in hand, as well, and this isn't the place for it; just my :2cents:

Also, I know I've ventured off topic a time or two myself, and will do my best to reign that in. Everyone gets carried away now and then, so it's hard not to share it when we do. :lol:

Last of all, welcome back to bright side!

:fr:
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
craftsman
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by craftsman »

Keith, glad your back and doing fine. Sorry for any post padding, didn't realize i did so, just wanted to oplogize. :thup: :fr: