New brochure posted: '69 'Target for Takeover'

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

New brochure posted: '69 'Target for Takeover'

Post by FORDification »

I just posted another brochure, one that I doubt any of you have ever seen before. This is a 1969 brochure entitled 'Target for Takeover', which detailed a promotional endeavor by Ford, where they take 104 new '69 trucks and invade Catalina Island, replacing all the island's light-duty trucks with Fords. This is a full-line brochure, covering not only the pickups but the vans and Rancheros too. Normally when posting brochure like this I only scan/post the pickup-related pages, but I decided to post this one in it's entirety. It's some interesting reading.

1969 Ford Light Trucks 'Target for Takeover' brochure

Just on a side note, I thought I'd share with you all the work that sometimes goes into restoring these brochure pages for posting here. Normally the inside pages are fairly clean and only require a light clean-up in Photoshop to be acceptable. However, the outside overs are usually fairly dirty and very worn, and require considerable more time to clean up. To illustrate that point, here's a before-and-after comparison of the back cover of this particular brochure. Because it was so dirty, I spent nearly an hour on just this page alone, which required using Photoshop's eraser tool, and one so small that I was able to actually get in-between the individual letters of the type. It was very time-consuming, but I think the end result is much easier to read and much more presentable.

Anyway....enjoy! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Fake Name

re: New brochure posted: '69 'Target for Takeover'

Post by Fake Name »

Great reading, thanks. More excellent marketing in a classic style from Ford.

Makes you wonder what happened to the folks that were producing promotions like this and their magazine. Clearly in the same style (it was probably an agency), somewhere along the line there had to be a decision that the style was too outdated, to stale. Somebody in an office somewhere fired those guys.

Way overdue to bring them back. Look at the credibility established by this kind of marketing.

Ah, the retrospectoscope. Always 20/20 vision.

fn