Site problems and general updates....please read!

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Site problems and general updates....please read!

Post by FORDification »

Hey all. Just thought I'd better let everyone know what's going on in this neck of the woods.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, the forum has been experiencing some problems when posting messages or PM's. This appears to be an extension of the problems we had a couple months ago, which was duct-taped up to get us by, but now my host tells me that the problem needs to be fixed ASAP or they're going to have to shut things down. Therefore, sometime in the next week or so I'm going to have to take a couple days off work to completely reinstall the forum software AND all the cool board mods I've incorporated. When this happens, it's very likely I'll just have to take the forums offline for those two days, as I get things reinstalled. I've been spending a lot of time over the past few days trying to track down the gremlins, but haven't had luck finding it, and my host telling me to get it fixed now. If you're one of the unlucky ones who have received an error message when trying to post, don't worry it's not you. Nobody has been blacklisted, it's simply malfunctioning software, and it seems to have something to do with the content of the message being posted. I've found that sometimes when I get that error, I can edit my message a bit and it'll then post fine. Until I get the problem corrected, you might try that.

On a different matter: Many of you have sent donations over the past three weeks or so to help out with site expenses, and I sincerely appreciate your support...thank you! When I received some of the first donations, I e-mailed those donors and thanked them personally, but donations received over the past two weeks haven't been personally acknowledged yet, which is something I really want to do...and WILL do...as soon as I get a chance to try to catch my breath here. I apologize for not doing so yet....please be patient and understand that between my job, my family responsibilites, trying to get the forums fixed, etc. I'm being run ragged!

I'm hoping to take a couple days off within the next week, at which time I'll get started on completely reinstalling all forum software and mods. Until that time, the forum is probably going to continue to act buggy, and I ask for your patience and indulgence in the meantime. Sorry about the inconvenience. :(

Also, one last item: I also want everyone to know that I do receive a lot of PM's and e-mail from members, as well as general e-mail from non-members who are visiting the site and asking questions. I do my best to answer them all, but I'm pretty limited in the time I have to devote to this, and sometimes those PM's or e-mail go unanswered. However, I'm NOT ignoring anyone intentionally. I'm definitely trying to keep up, but sometimes I simply run out of time to do so. I guess I just wanted you all to be aware of that fact, and not get upset with me. Please understand that this is just a hobby, not a business, and there are only so many hours in a day that I can devote to it.

So anyway...that's kinda where things are at the moment. I will keep you all informed as to exactly when the forums will be going down while I do the software re-install. While this is happening, the site itself will still be available, just not the forums. I'll be sure to post something on the front page of the site to let you know when I'll get started and how things are going, so if you can't access the forum please check there.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
fuzzier1
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Site problems and general updates....please read!

Post by fuzzier1 »

Thats cool Kieth, I don't know what I could do but if you need help let me and all of us know.
Fuzz
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by heep70 »

Thanks Keith! We appreciate your dedication. 8)
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

you are doing a GREAT job! nobody has any room to complain about anything you are doing!

I personally can't understand how you get it all done in any timeframe at all!

thanks again!
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Thanks alot Kieth. This site is entertaining and educational (which is my criteria for just about everything in life). We got your back.
67highboy

Post by 67highboy »

No apologies needed kieth you do more than enough 8)
People who are willing to give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety...

Ben Franklin 1775
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Thank you keith.
71 LONG BED
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 71 LONG BED »

Thanks, Keith! I, for one, appreciate all of your time to keep this site up and running.
Now I'm going to have to get some work done at work while the site is down for repairs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 71 LONG BED on Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Member #1549
71 F100 Sport Custom__________1967 F350 Gone, but not forgotten
Image Image Image
SmokeyBear
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by SmokeyBear »

You da man Keith, We appreciate all you do for us.
70 F-100 XLT
"Christine" Gone but not forgotten.
72 F-100 Ranger XLT
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Thanks, Keith. This site is truly a treasure trove of info for these classic trucks.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

Keith, you still amaze me sometimes. I don't think any of us really realize how much you put into this site. I wish I could say that I could be of assistance in this matter, but you know I would be lying. I wish I lived closer, I would come over with a couple longnecks and give you moral support. Thanks for all your hard work.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

Thanks, Keith, for all the time and effort you devote to this site, the content and the people are great!
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

thanks for the efforts Kieth! along those lines, my belt thread has not recieved any replies, it may be that it is not showing up in the new post search, or it could be the giant photos I added....
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

Thanks Keith for every thing you do. I don't see how you fit it all in.
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by heep70 »

Bump to the top.
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".