New scans: 'Ford Truck Times' magazine

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

New scans: 'Ford Truck Times' magazine

Post by FORDification »

I don't know how many of you have ever heard of 'Ford Truck Times' magazine, which is just a fluff magazine distributed by the Ford truck dealers to new truck owners or prospective buyers. Each quarterly issue would have a few stories about how truck/van owners were using their vehicles in interesting ways, and also included tech tips and news on upcoming features/models.

Anyway, I've been building up a collection of issues from the bumpside era. Eventually I thought it would be cool to convert each issue to PDF and get them posted to the site to share. I got another one in the mail today, and decided that until I can get around to getting each issue completely scanned, I'd at least scan the covers and post them....which is what I spent this evening doing.

Here you go....enjoy! :D

'Ford Truck Times' magazine cover scans
Image Image Image

For future reference, the above-mentioned page has been linked to from the Factory Lit & Advertising page.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: New scans: 'Ford Truck Times' magazine

Post by FORDification »

Two more of these arrived in the mail today, so those were scanned and added to the above link.

Just thought I'd mention too.....that the going rate on these is about $10 each. By the time you add the $3-$5 shipping on each (yeah, pretty outrageous, if you ask me!), you can see that I've already got nearly $300 invested in just the books on this page.

Also, I've done searches for these magazines online...and did you know that I can only find ONE reference to 'Ford Truck Times' anywhere, which was just a passing reference to an article in one of them. So you folks get an exclusive peak here at FORDification.com, not available anywhere else. :D

Hopefully one of these days I'll get started scanning and posting the PDF versions. They're actually kinda boring to read, but still.... :P
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
Fake Name

Post by Fake Name »

These are GREAT! Thanks for taking the time and effort to share these. Look at the cover art- it mighht look a little dated, but that stuff is HARD to create and reproduce. That ain't Photoshop and InDesign retouching the photos and setting the type. This was cutting edge design and production.

Very, very nice.

fn
1970 F250
2011 KTM 990 ADV
2003 KTM 525EXC
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

very nice keith. i cant get over how you can find all of these things that were with these trucks back then.

PS: the red truk in your sig looks great. whats with the 4x4? just made it a little prettier?
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

Those are great, Keith. I came across the Canadian version of those a couple of years ago in a friends' stash of stuff. Our version was called 'Clues', referring to how and where folks were keeping their Ford
and Mercury trucks busy. That Merc aspect is actually the coolest thing to me about these. It's pretty neat to see pictures of big old Mercury dumptrucks, C series tilt cabs, F-series and fleets of Mercury econoline vans being used in everyday settings. My friends' collection ranged from 64 to about 72 and no, I couldn't talk him into selling me any of them- yet. I did copy lots of the pages, though :D

mike
Always drink upstream from the herd...

~Will Rogers

Mercury truck ID thread:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=35331
Ford truck model history:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=37394
Using dentside fender liners:
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=35675
Matchbox diecast bumps:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=45618
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

layedout72 wrote:...PS: the red truk in your sig looks great. whats with the 4x4? just made it a little prettier?
Yeah, my shop is in a residential area, and since the truck will be sitting outside for a while, I thought I'd better clean it up a bit to keep the neighbors happy. :D

mk: if you look closely at the scan of the very first one on that page, the Fall '66 issue, it says under the title "Formerly 'Clues Magazine' ". Since I've seen 'Ford Truck Times' magazines older than this issue, I wonder if Ford didn't merge the two into a single magazine by phasing 'Clues' out. What are the dates on the magazines you have copies of?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

They must have just changed the title stateside, Keith. I picked up a copy of the fall 72 issue with that 73 on the front at the last swapmeet here and it still had the Clues title. I'll try to find my pics and scan them for you.

mike
Always drink upstream from the herd...

~Will Rogers

Mercury truck ID thread:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=35331
Ford truck model history:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=37394
Using dentside fender liners:
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=35675
Matchbox diecast bumps:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=45618
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I added two more hi-res scans to the Ford Truck Times page, of the Summer '71 and Winter '75 editions. I also added low-resolution scans of the Fall '67, Summer '70 and Winter '72 editions, which were scanned for this page by a member (but I still would like to get my hands on these three editions to add to my collection).
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I added another new Ford Truck Times scan, the Summer '73 issue. Also, the Summer '70 scan that was posted earlier was a smaller version provided by a forum user, but I got my hands on this issue, so it's been replaced with a full-size scan.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video