Trouble staying logged in?

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Trouble staying logged in?

Post by FORDification »

It seems that more than a few people have had some problems staying logged in lately, after the security updates were made. This was due to a difference in how the forum's cookies are set up.

If this has been happening to you, it should be an easy 30-second fix on your part. All you have to do is clear out your browser's cache and cookies files.

In Netscape, go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Cache and hit the button that says Clear Cache. Then (in the same window) go to Privacy & Security > Cookies and click the Cookie Manager button. That will show you a list of all cookies on your computer. A LOT of those you don't need, but if there are some you want to keep, just scroll down and delete any cookies for 'fordification.com' and 'www.fordification.com'. Then close your browser and restart, and log back into the site.

In IE, go to Tools > Internet Options. Make sure you have the 'General' tab selected. In the section marked Temporary Internet Files, click the buttons marked 'Delete Cookies' and 'Delete Files'. This will clear out all stored cookies and all the files in your cache. (If you have some kind of cookie manager, you can look for any cookies related to 'fordification.com' and just delete those.) Then close your browser, restart and log back into the site.

Clearing out your old cookies will allow new ones to be set, and your log-in problems should be fixed.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

this process didn't work. i have done it 4 times the last time was manually and i dumped even my content ie5 folders. i am running me. after i dumped all of it i shut down and restarted. came back to the site and i was logged out of course. but when i logged in i was sent to ford.oldsmobility.com and i was listed at the bottom of the page . but i wasnt logged in. so i had to log in again to get to here.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Trouble staying logged in?

Post by FORDification »

Can you close your browser and come back and you're still logged on?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

when i close my browser and come back i have been logged off. even though it may or may not have my user name at the bottom.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

oh and i am using the remember me check mark
mrsnicks
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by mrsnicks »

Same here.. cleared cookies, cleared history, deleted files. Everytime I come back to the site I have to log in. I also cannot use the "View posts since last visit" option.

I too am using the "remember me" box. I am using Internet Explorer. No additional cookie handler.

Patrick
Chevrolet
Can Hear Every Valve Rattle on Long Extended Trips

1969 F100 4X4 Highboy 390 3sp
1969 F100 SWB 2wd Auto 351w
1972 F100 Ranger XLT 302 Auto

http://mrsnicks.blogspot.com
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10336
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

heres what i did last night. i logged out then i found the fordification cookie and deleted it. then when i logged back on today i didn't check keep me logged in and it worked fine. i could see all of the post that had been answered today.
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

I am also not able to stay logged in. Tried deleting everything etc. This is with IE at work. At home, where I use Firefox, I don't have this problem. It's pretty annoying because everytime I have to log back in, all the messages get cleared out (i.e. I can't tell what I've read previously.
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

Right after my secondary hard drive failed, mine was diong the same thing. No cookies saved.
It took re-formating and re-installing everything before I could get it to work correctly again. But it does now. :-)
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
Fordfool

Post by Fordfool »

I cannot stay logged in and I use Firefox...Tried all I can think of.
My Gallery

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: re: Trouble staying logged in?

Post by Redcap »

Fordfool wrote:I cannot stay logged in and I use Firefox...Tried all I can think of.
Same here. :(
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i'm still doing the same as i was before logging out and deleting my cookies before i come back. it seems to work for me. until the spike is found.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I'm using Netscape 7.1, and I don't seem to be having a problem. :?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
xxxtina63
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by xxxtina63 »

The "server overload" symptoms kicked in again around 12:30 today. Couldn't even log out. Seems OK now though.
Galaxie64

Post by Galaxie64 »

I use firefox as well and it seems to come and go sometimes I can stay logged in for most of a day other times it forgets me 3 minutes later.
'68 F150 2wd
'72 F250 2wd Camper Special (400/C6/4bbl)
'64 Galaxie 500 (3524bbl/57K miles)
'92 Grand Marquis (mostly stock 4.6L)
'97 F150 (heavily modded 5.4L)
'48 F1 (Flat 6)
'51 F3 (Flat V8 )
'56 F350 (engineless)

** Chuck Norris has counted to infinity -- twice. **