FORUMS WILL BE OFFLINE TODAY (4-12-06)

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

FORUMS WILL BE OFFLINE TODAY (4-12-06)

Post by FORDification »

I will be doing some manual upgrades today to the forums while I take a sick day (damn flu!). However, to do so I have to take the forums offline for a little while. Once I get started it shouldn't take me more than a couple hours to get things done. The upgrades are to the forum code itself for enhanced security and bug fixes, and shouldn't be anything you'd generally notice, but it still needs to be done.

Just thought I'd try to make some kind of advance warning for those of you who try to access the forums from work during the day. Since many of you won't be back until this evening anyway, you'll never notice it, but those of you who pop in during the afternoon might notice you can't access the forums for a little while. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now I might have to actually work!!!!!!

Sheesh! :)
TheEskimo
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TheEskimo »

Oh man, not work......I hate four letter words
-Jason
1972 F250 Camper Special 360ci
1973 F100 Custom 390ci
1985 Thinderbird 302ci (DD)
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: FORUMS WILL BE OFFLINE TODAY (4-12-06)

Post by Redcap »

Arg! I was just starting to enjoy this unemployment thing, too! :cry:
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, the major upgrade is complete, but I still have several smaller ones to do. However, I believe I can complete these with the forums up and running.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Oh, BTW.....while I'm doing these upgrades, if anyone happens to notice anything not functioning properly, please e-mail me. (If I mess up and the forum goes down for a short time, you can still access the site itself.)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Everyone:

I'm having some problems with the forum upgrades, as if you hadn't already noticed by now. Sorry about that. IT's not fixed at the moment, only duct-taped together for the time-being. There MIGHT be a few glitches here and there until I track down the gremlins, so please be patient with me. I've been at this literally all day long, roughly about 12 hours straight as I'm typing this. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, there's just a couple minor things left to fix, but I'm having a heck of a time doing so. :cry:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

HEY, I think I FINALLY got it!! :woohoo:

I had one large update and two smaller ones to do today. The large one and the first small one went almost flawlessly, but the last small one gave me fits, and mostly because I was just getting tired and started to get bug-eyed from looking at lines and lines of code for almost 13 hours straight! Turns out I hadn't edited a certain file that I was supposed to (even though I'd have SWORN I did).

Anyway, things should be back to normal. If anyone gets any kind of error message of any kind, please PM me to let me know, and I'll get right on it.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

:clap:

And all this time I thought this place ran itself! :wink:
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

I'm not staying logged in like I normally do when I shut the browser down, then re-open it.

BTW, you are the man! thanks again for your hard work on this site.
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

and I've noticed that some of the authors on the 'new posts since last visit' page aren't linked properly. (rangerf250 is one)
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, he should be the only one. That is actually ToughOldFord who had to re-register under that new name due to a glitch. We fixed the glitch and he has his old account back, but now I've found another one at my end. After the upgrades, I can't delete that thread. It's something minor, but unfortunately it means another evening's worth of going back through lines of code.

You might have to clear out your cache and cookies, and then close/restart your browser. I'll look into that tonight after work as well.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

man i really missed this place for awhile there. glad were back up and running :woohoo:
steve
Life is 90% how you take it10% what you make it