72 f250 360 4x4 starting then shuts off.

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

joeemartinez

72 f250 360 4x4 starting then shuts off.

Post by joeemartinez »

This is the first time Im using this site I hope im posting this in the right place? So I have a 1972 ford f250 4x4 all original with rebuilt 360. Its been running fine and the other day it start chugging and shut off so I went through replace everything I replaced plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, ignition points, ignition coil, alternator, voltage regulator, battery, solenoid, fuel pump, carb kit, key ignition. I set the timing on 6 deg and the points gap at 0.17 AND NOW the truck starts up runs for about 10 min and just shuts off I don't know whats wrong Im at a loss! for the time ot is running it runs great smooth and sounds great but then you start to drive it makes it a couple blocks and shuts off. I found if you spray starting fluid in it will start for a min then shut off again so you think well its not getting fuel so ill take off the fuel line turn the key over and fuel sprays out. oh ya I have followed the fuel line and its not next to any heat. appreciate any help its my only car