55 Fairlane Pro Touring Build

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

crestronwizard

55 Fairlane Pro Touring Build

Post by crestronwizard »

This build should be fun. It will be getting a Ford 4.6 Mod Motor with Automatic Overdrive. Upgraded Brakes, Suspension, Etc Etc

basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 55 Fairlane Pro Touring Build

Post by basketcase0302 »

Wow...look at that survivor!
Def a "barn find" fer sure.
Good luck with your build, gonna stroke the 4.6? :pop:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
crestronwizard

Post by crestronwizard »

basketcase0302 wrote:Wow...look at that survivor!
Def a "barn find" fer sure.
Good luck with your build, gonna stroke the 4.6? :pop:
Thanks. No, this one is going to be a weekend cruiser. The client wanted me to just rebuild the engine that's in it (it actually does run and drive!). I convinced him to put the 4.6 in. Would have gone to a Coyote but it isn't in the budget.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Going late model drive train seems like a heck of a way to ruin a decent car to me... Car is intact, a survivor in fact and you talked your client into putting a mod motor in it? What happens in 30 years when the mod motor is out of fashion and the next owner can't find an original motor? Kind of like small block Chevy's in everything. Sometimes it's a 'fit' and sometimes not. I see a mod motor in an otherwise stock 55 Fairlane and it doesn't matter how nice the car is, it has no value.

I'd rebuilt the original and leave it well enough alone if it's only going to be a cruiser. I'm not trying to bash you but question the validity of the decision.
We are only care takers of precious metal and it is our duty to preserve the survivors for the next generation. I think if you can pull it off with only bolt on parts and not hack it up that the plan has merit.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
crestronwizard

Post by crestronwizard »

Ranchero50 wrote:Going late model drive train seems like a heck of a way to ruin a decent car to me... Car is intact, a survivor in fact and you talked your client into putting a mod motor in it? What happens in 30 years when the mod motor is out of fashion and the next owner can't find an original motor? Kind of like small block Chevy's in everything. Sometimes it's a 'fit' and sometimes not. I see a mod motor in an otherwise stock 55 Fairlane and it doesn't matter how nice the car is, it has no value.

I'd rebuilt the original and leave it well enough alone if it's only going to be a cruiser. I'm not trying to bash you but question the validity of the decision.
We are only care takers of precious metal and it is our duty to preserve the survivors for the next generation. I think if you can pull it off with only bolt on parts and not hack it up that the plan has merit.
For me, I have never owned any vehicle and ever left it factory. I'm not a museum caretaker and leaving things factory , for me, is saying that the factory can't be improved upon. In 30 years I hope there is something better than the Mod Motor and someone isn't looking for an original engine but transplanting whatever 2000hp electric motor exists. There are plenty of restoration shops, that's not what we're about. We build cars reliable cars with most of the amenities of new cars. Our clients are like minded or else they would be at another shop worrying about the correct spot for a grease pencil mark or a paint drip on the firewall.
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bullitt74 »

I can see both sides of the argument, but at the end of the day it is the client's project and money. I've always dreamed of doing a restomod build just to have something reliable, fuel injected and powerful, but also really like the bone stock or slightly modded build.

Looking forward to following, even if it isn't a bump! :pop:
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
crestronwizard

Post by crestronwizard »

Next stop, blasting

1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1guydude »

Good to c something on here other than a truck....i kno. Blasiphmy. Lol.
Im wanting to do a gasser. More old school gasser if i can. Finding an older car decent shape, decent price, with a title is kinda hard.
D
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!