69 Ranger 390/c6

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

67 bump

69 Ranger 390/c6

Post by 67 bump »

After a small bidding war with c***n on EBay, I'm
the new owner of 1969 F100. Bidding was slow at first then this SOB bumped me up an extra $300 at the end. Here are a couple photos of it when I bought it. I was a little disappointed about the windshield being broken but for the most part it was an accurate description. Until I got home and closely inspected a lot of the extra splices for unknown accessories.
67 bump

Re: 69 Ranger 390/c6

Post by 67 bump »

Engine was really loud and had an obvious leak when I drove it into the trailer. Couple days pass and I go to my local auto parts store and picked up a couple donuts for the manifolds. Several hours later I get them in and get everything buttoned back up. Fire her up and still pretty loud. I go pick up some manifold gaskets and begin with the pass side. I try to get one off and snap, bolt head snaps off. On to the next, well it's missing the head of the bolt. Somebody beat me to breaking the bolt and I find another one broken right next to it. Well I guess I found my exhaust leak. I finally get done with the driver side after breaking 4 bolts and finding 2 already broken.
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

Welcome to the world of FE engines. Those exhaust bolts are notorious for that. If you got it fixed without the help of a machine shop consider yourself lucky.
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

Nice truck, a short bed Ranger is cool! The truck looks pretty complete and solid. I know when I picked up my highboy, there was all kinds of mismatched bolts, missing clips, missing trim and splices in the wire looms too. But over time and many visits to the local pick and pulls I was able to get all those things taken care of. I wish you my best in your build and look forward to seeing the progress on your build.
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
67 bump

Post by 67 bump »

After buying rebuilt heads and a new cam, the 390 seized up. It's getting a crown vic front end with a 6.0 and 4L60e.