The "Krusty Kab"

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: The "Krusty Kab"

Post by hfdco4 »

All the pics disappeared.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

hfdco4 wrote:All the pics disappeared.

Nope still there.

Barry
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

I only see "Image" where there is supposed to be a picture.
Paul
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

OK, It has to do with my server. When I use a different path I can see them. Great work by the way. :thup:
Paul
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Update..waiting on the powder coater to finish my inner fenders and the instrument cluster. So I have been working on the smaller things like installing the trim back on the body panels, installed the camber kit to get the alignment right and cut another .75 of a coil out of the springs. That puts me at a total of 1.5 coils. It sits about level so with the wheel/tire combo I should have the slight rake that I want. As soon as the stuff comes in from the powder coaters I will have a ton of wiring to do. At least its moving forward.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Good job! Looking forward to seeing more. :thup:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

There is not much picture worthy progress on the truck. I have been working on the wiring for the dash and have it almost complete. I did get my cluster back from the powder coaters and got the gauges mounted and wired. So far they look just as I wanted them too. Now I am waiting on my inner fenders to come back from the powder coaters and then I can get the engine wired, add fuel and fire it up.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yarko

Post by yarko »

I always look forward to seeing updates on this truck. Keep up the good work!
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I finally got the inner fenders and core support back on for the last time....I think. I started wiring forward into the inner fenders. I did not want to see the wiring in the engine bay so I am bringing it to the underside of them. I grabbed some grommets out of the junkyard, drilled a hole in the oval shaped plug large enough to put the round grommet in. I wanted it weather tight so that is why there is a grommet within a grommet. I could have drilled a hole and ran the wire out but it would not be weather tight.

I ran the wires along the bottom of the inner fender. The orange and blue wires you see hanging out go to the oil pressure and water sensors.

Found a spot to drill a hole in the core support to bring the head light and turn signal wiring forward and put a grommet in as well.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I really like that braided line that covers the wires. Does that stuff have a slit all the way up the side or do you have to thread the wires through it? I have that plastic stuff with the slit on my wires but worry about water getting in it and never coming out.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Lone Ranger wrote:I really like that braided line that covers the wires. Does that stuff have a slit all the way up the side or do you have to thread the wires through it? I have that plastic stuff with the slit on my wires but worry about water getting in it and never coming out.

Yep its split. You can buy it either way but I bought the split. It's called Techflex. Painless sells it under their name but it is expensive through them. I have bought it on Ebay but just bought some on Amazon as well. Easy to work with and it will bend and lay straight much better than the old plastic stuff. One other thing I realized through ths project is 1/2" Techflex will take care of most wiring you are doing. The only place I used a different size is to the motor where I only have maybe 2 wires and I have 1/4" on the way here.

Barry
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Barry your truck is sweet! I've been watching it for a while. I love the patina look and how you weren't afraid to try it. Keep up the good work!
Kyle
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Lone Ranger wrote:Barry your truck is sweet! I've been watching it for a while. I love the patina look and how you weren't afraid to try it. Keep up the good work!

I really appreciate the compliments! It wasn't so much that I was not afraid to try it. It was either do that or pay $5k or more for a slick paint job and that was not what I really wanted. I wanted the patina/shop truck look with everything on the underside look like new. So far, things are turning out the way I had hoped. Hopefully by end of next week I hope to have front fenders on and sitting on all 4 wheels and start planning the trans install and A/C. It's beginning to look like a truck!

Barry
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

There was a guy by me that wanted 6 thousand just to paint my cab! I quickly decided to paint it myself. Plus it feels better saying that I have done everything to my truck. I wish I had the patience to do to my truck what you have to yours. Yours looks better than brand new!
Kyle
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Gained some more ground over the past two weekends. AC compressor came in so I painted it to match the other stainless color stuff and installed it. I pulled the distributor out and changed the setup on it so it is locked out. FITECH will control timing. I am still thinking it needs a black distributor cap. Finished wiring on the drivers side inner fender and engine as well as the core support and grill. Started on the wiring on the passenger side and also started on the battery box.

I bought an old tool box and turning it into a battery box. It will be mounted on the passenger side in front of the wheel tub in the bed. Just ordered the battery wire and connectors to build the cables. Also ordered a mega fuse holder and a 175amp fuse. Hopefully if work does not get in the way, I hope to get the battery cable stuff done. Next step is to order Vintage Air stuff and get it installed so I can put the fenders and grill on.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.