The "Krusty Kab"

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: The "Krusty Kab"

Post by IN2FORD »

poke em wrote:The wheels fit great. What size tires on the front?

The wheels on the front are 18x9 with a 5.25 back spacing. 255/45 tire. Fits really well.

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

nytling92 wrote:This is my first post and I just read your whole thread. Love the truck, very impressive job. I wanted to ask you about your hydroboost plumbing. Are you doing high into hydro, high pressure out and into power sreering? Or two separate high pressures feeding each the hydro and steering? I've seen articles online both ways just wondering which way you went.
This is the diagram I used to put my system together. I have not got to really test things out yet. I have just gotten the engine running and I have a few bugs to work out on the efi and my clutch.
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/45-ford-mo ... dated.html

Barry
nytling92

Post by nytling92 »

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

Oh man! Truck is looking stellar :clap: nice work. and thanks for posting the hydroboost link. Saved it for when i get to that project... Can't wait to see you tearing up some asphalt
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

SeapineF37 wrote:Oh man! Truck is looking stellar :clap: nice work. and thanks for posting the hydroboost link. Saved it for when i get to that project... Can't wait to see you tearing up some asphalt

No problem. Glad to help. That's the point of doing a build thread is to share the info I have learned. I know I have figured out alot of things by reading the forums and such.

The truck is running now. Working through some bugs. I have an issue with the Fitech that I am getting some good help on. Not from Fitech but from a guy that offered to help on the Fitech facebook page.

Got the exhaust done. I had a pair of Pypes M80 mufflers and used them. Holy cow do they have some bark. Name should have clued me in right??

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well Crap!! Sorry about the pics not showing up. Photobucket wants to charge me $400 so that my pics will show up...I have been using photobucket for years like this and all of a sudden $400...no. I will see what I can do to find another hosting site.

Barry
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

I am at a loss why most people just dont upload their pics directly into the posts.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well first off all of the pics are fixed now. Moved them all to imgur.com.

Second for the past couple of months I have been working out issues with my gauges and the FITECH. The gauges had to be recalibrated by the manufacturer. I have to say Marshall Gauges is a stellar company. outstanding customer support. I will go back to them for my next project. As far as the FITECH, it started up and ran then shut off and shows 59000 rpm on the handheld. Figured out since the ecu is on the front of the throttle body it is near the distributor enough to pick up emi noise and it confuses the ecu. I bought my unit early enough that it has the early version of the ecu. FITECH is sending me out the updated(4 wire) ECU that should take care of it. I bought mine june of 2016 so all that they ship now has the updated ecu. I should have it middle of next week so hopefully by next weekend it will be making some noise again.

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well it finally runs!!

https://youtu.be/TeOuMogGqVE

Barry
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

That sounds perfect! Deep sound and not obnoxiously loud. Great job!
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I have been working through all of the bugs. The roller rockers will not stay adjusted. I have some arp locks coming monday and hope to adjust for the last time. Past two days I have put the interior together. New carpet, some used E30 BMW seats, found a aftermarket center console for a Jeep at a local discount store that sells returned merchandise. Turning out they way I had it in my head. I like it! Also bought seat belts from seatbeltsplus.com and they worked out great as well.

I somewhat copied the factory bucket seat brackets to mount my BMW seats.

Barry
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:bow: :rock:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
poke em

Post by poke em »

IN2FORD wrote:I have been working through all of the bugs. The roller rockers will not stay adjusted. I have some arp locks coming monday and hope to adjust for the last time. Past two days I have put the interior together. New carpet, some used E30 BMW seats, found a aftermarket center console for a Jeep at a local discount store that sells returned merchandise. Turning out they way I had it in my head. I like it! Also bought seat belts from seatbeltsplus.com and they worked out great as well.

I somewhat copied the factory bucket seat brackets to mount my BMW seats.

Barry
Those seats look amazing, I like how they are mounted so close to the floor.
1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1guydude »

Very nice brother!!!!
Ur trucks top notch.
D
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Thanks for the compliments! I just got the rockers re-adjusted with the new ARP locks so hoping to drive it some tomorrow evening and see how it does. I had a vision in my head what I wanted this truck to be and through a bunch of digging for deals, spending a bunch of time in my garage the past 2.5 years, getting help fro friends, going junkn, and working a second job for this truck, it has turned out to look the way I wanted it. Now I hope it proves to be reliable enough to enjoy. Time will tell.

Barry