The "Krusty Kab"

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: The "Krusty Kab"

Post by hfdco4 »

The battery box looks awesome!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I have not had a chance to work on it much due to working a bunch. Tonight I started working on the box some more. I mounted the fuse box for the starter wire under the solenoid.

Then I realized it is going to be to tight to squeeze in a 1 gauge cable and connectors. So I flipped the solenoid upside down and made the first cable to the fuse holder. Hopefully tomorrow I will make the one to the battery which will be another short one. then mount the box and drill holes to pass the power cable to the starter and also ground cable. Still more wiring to go....

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

Wow Barry! Truck is looking rad! Love the gauge console.
Working on something similar so looking forward to seeing how you like the marshall gauges.
Have been struggling through wiring myself for a while and have also been looking for wire loom so thanks for the tip on the Techflex. How big a bundle on the 1/2? 8 or so #12? Or will handle that plus a few larger wires?
Can't wait to see how your vintage air goes. Its on my list too.
Thanks for all the photos. So good! :thup:
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

The 1/2 inch techflex heading towards the core support has parking lights, left turn, right turn, low beam, high beam, oil pressure, water temp all probably 14 gauge plus a 10 gauge ground wire for the fuse panel that I brought out to the frame. It holds a fair amount. Plus it will expand more.

Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoy the wiring. Through this build I have decided that wiring, mechanics and frame work I like. Welding sheet metal and body work....not so much

Barry
Tyler68

Post by Tyler68 »

Looking good! I really enjoy following your build!
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I have spent Sat. Sun. Mon. and and I took Tues off (weather is incredibly good for Feb) and pretty much finished the wiring in my truck. I still lack Vintage Air(on its way) wiring and electric fans wired up. Finished the battery box(tool box) and mounted in the bed.

Finished the wiring in the passenger fender well with the exception of the red power wire for the electric fan relays.

Coil is mounted and wired

And then I couldn't stand it any longer. I put the fenders on and front wheels on for the first time to see how its going to sit. Its still a little high in the front maybe a 1/2 to 1" but once I finish adding the rest of the parts and drive it a bit I bet it comes down a little more.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Barry that looks good. I bet your right about the front dropping a little more with the hood, bumpers and other parts. At least another hundred pounds going on her.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I was also curious of why the battery box in the bed. It looks cool but is there any other reason of moving everything back there?
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Lone Ranger wrote:I was also curious of why the battery box in the bed. It looks cool but is there any other reason of moving everything back there?

Biggest reason was to just get it out from under the hood. The battery in its factory spot is right up front. First thing you see when you open the hood and I wanted a super clean look under the hood. Next reason was that I wanted to fab up a tool box to put it in. Just for fun. For me the build is the fun part. Hunt for parts, making it my own along the way but I can hardly stand it now. I need to drive it!!

Barry
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

It looks like its almost drive time! :woohoo:
Paul
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

hfdco4 wrote:It looks like its almost drive time! :woohoo:

Thanks! Getting close. Plan is to install the vintage air next week and then 2nd week of March we are moving it to American Powertrain to do a detailed or documented install on the trans. Then back home to finish a few things to get it running. Then on to interior.

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well I have started the Vintage Air install. They don't have a kit for our trucks just yet but should have when I get done. I am working with their 66 F100 kit and seeing what works and what don't. I will continue to post pics of the install as I move through it. We figured out that there is a 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder core support. The kit is based around the core support that has the larger opening. Not sure yet which engine that is because I have a V8 truck but it had the smaller opening. Below are pics of what I had to remove on the core support so that the condensor will fit.

The silver line is the line I cut.

While I am waiting on a few parts to come in, I went ahead and made a plate to use in the factory heat controls to mount the Vintage Air controls.

Still need to paint and I guess epoxy it into the trim bezel. More info coming this weekend I hope.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

So clean! Original concept! What a nice SB Ford. :thup:
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Nice work. :thup:
Paul
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well I got a big update for ya. I have been working on this thing every chance I get. I have been working with Vintage Air to figure a kit out on this model of truck and they have been great! Got the condenser figured out and they sent me some brackets they used on a 66 and they worked great.

You have to space the condenser from the radiator so I used 3 5/16 inch washers on each bolt then used a 5/16 inch nut to assemble as a unit to make it easier to set in the core support and to also space the condenser from the core support.

The dryer mounts in the passenger side fender well behind the core support. Also since I am running electric fans they sold me a trinary switch for the dryer. It will kick the fans on when needed for the AC.

Then the second hose that runs from the evap to the compressor passes through the inner fender with a bulk head fitting.

The evaporator mounts with this metal bracket to the factory holes in the fire wall

And it is a bugger to get into the dash. Extremely tight fit. But once you get the water lines into the opening it falls right into place. I had to take a break from the AC stuff so I moved back to the front and got the grill installed with the new headlights with led bulbs. Couldn't take it any longer and I hooked up the ground to see if lights worked.

And then Got the rest of the frontend back on. Notice the plate....I bought it at the Redneck Rumble 4 years ago before I bought the truck. It found a new home today!

I got back onto the A/C and got it all wired up. Now working on the vents. Also picked up one of the dash caps and it is being glued to the old dash pad right now. Hopefully tomorrow after I mow...for the first time....hate to start it....I will install the dash pad. All for now. more to come this week I hope.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.