The "Krusty Kab"

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: The "Krusty Kab"

Post by popeyes71 »

Looks like the "patina" finish turned out good. Like you mentioned; it is weird painting with a brush and a roller on a car.
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Craigerf100 wrote:Looks great man, some nice work you've done, and good progress :thup:
What block is that, 351w? What heads and what cam?

The block is a roller block out of a 95 F150. I grabbed one at the local pull a part for not much at all. Even using the accessory brackets. They are being powder coated satin black right now. I need to take the alternator apart and do the same with the case. The heads are AFR 185 58cc heads. With the pistons that I put in I should be around 9.6 to 1 compression. Stock pistons are way below that on compression. The cam is a Comp Cam XE274HR I think. I can't wait to hear this thing run!

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

popeyes71 wrote:Looks like the "patina" finish turned out good. Like you mentioned; it is weird painting with a brush and a roller on a car.

No doubt but it works out well when you sand back down. The texture that the brush and roller creates makes the sanding process look much better. I just finished with the tailgate and half of the other bedside. I am hoping to finish sanding tomorrow evening and then Thursday start painting the cab and doors.

Barry
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

IN2FORD wrote:
Craigerf100 wrote:Looks great man, some nice work you've done, and good progress :thup:

The block is a roller block out of a 95 F150. I grabbed one at the local pull a part for not much at all. Even using the accessory brackets. They are being powder coated satin black right now. I need to take the alternator apart and do the same with the case. The heads are AFR 185 58cc heads. With the pistons that I put in I should be around 9.6 to 1 compression. Stock pistons are way below that on compression. The cam is a Comp Cam XE274HR I think. I can't wait to hear this thing run!

Barry
Cool cool, so it is a 351w? What HP and torque do u think it will run?
1964 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
1968 F-100 Short Bed
1967 Fairlane 500 Convertable
1967 Fairlane GT/A 289ci SOLD
1950 F-1 Original 239ci Flat Head V8 SOLD
1995 f-150 4x4 Swb 4.9L 5-speed FORSALE

My Build: :fr: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Craigerf100 wrote:
IN2FORD wrote:

Barry
Cool cool, so it is a 351w? What HP and torque do u think it will run?

Yep it is a 351W. My build is similar to a build done in Hot Rod magazine last year I think. There engine made 500hp 500tq I think. Based on what I have read in other places such as Corral.net and similar builds as mine, I am guessing I should be around 400 to 450hp. I think 500 with basically stock displacement is reaching. If I had spent the bucks and stroked it, that should be easy but this was suppose to be a budget build. Turns out I blew past that along time ago...budgets...on a car project!?!?!?

Barry
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

Lol I hear that, mines a budget build but it's quickly racking up. Loving every minute of it though. That engines gonna be a beast! Great work and good luck
1964 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
1968 F-100 Short Bed
1967 Fairlane 500 Convertable
1967 Fairlane GT/A 289ci SOLD
1950 F-1 Original 239ci Flat Head V8 SOLD
1995 f-150 4x4 Swb 4.9L 5-speed FORSALE

My Build: :fr: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
zmonster72

Post by zmonster72 »

great build, can't wait to see it finished!
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

zmonster72 wrote:great build, can't wait to see it finished!

Me too. For that reason I have been skipping alot of car events are normally go to. I need this done so I can attend in my own!!

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Bed is done with the exception of clearing it. I probably will do that with the body together.

Pictures are kind of washed out.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

Can't wait to see it with the clear. That paint job is going to be different but will look good. :thup:
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Gloss, satin or matt? It would be a shame to make it too shiny when you clear coat it. That came out beautifully BTW :thup:
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

Looks like the patina finish turned out good; right on! :thup: Like was mentioned, what sheen are you going to use for the clear?
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Jacksdad wrote:Gloss, satin or matt? It would be a shame to make it too shiny when you clear coat it. That came out beautifully BTW :thup:

I totally agree. Nothing glossy. Most likely a satin or Matte finish but really I am not sure I need to use anything. The paint label does not recommend clearing it. I need to do some more reading.

Barry
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

If you don't clear it, it will oxidize and look more faded / aged.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well I have a little update. Ordered some more parts for the front of the motor and waiting on them to come in. Stuff like tensioner, idler pulley, alternator, and AC compressor. I did some more painting on the motor and painted a portion of the heads black. Also installed the intake for the last time.

Then I got the black , the red oxide primer, and the red sprayed on the cab.

I had hoped to sand the cab this weekend but they are calling for 70% rain this weekend sooo I will probably work on the motor some more and clean up the garage some. Might start working on my doors some. I need to weld up some mirror holes.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.