The "Krusty Kab"

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: The "Krusty Kab"

Post by IN2FORD »

I have made some progress yesterday and today on the paint.

I have most of it done but I need to touch up a couple of spots that I went to deep and hit the metal. Next step is to stick the engine in and head to American Powertrain for the trans install.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Got the engine installed today. I am also in process of painting inner fenders and core support so while I am doing that I am going to begin installing my Centech wiring harness. Start with the back I think so I can go ahead and install the bed soon.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey-1

Post by Monkey-1 »

Any updates??
-Monkey-1
1985 F-150 Build Thread (CV Swap, 4.6, Frame-Off) https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1519 ... 4-6-a.html
1977 F-100 Flareside Build Thread (CV Swap, 4.6, Frame-Off) https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1545 ... hread.html
Studmonkeyracing.com
studmonkey@bellsouth.net
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I have been steadily working on it..nothing picture worthy. I have all of the anti-rattle stuff in the doors, new vent window seals, new key locks, door handles on and installing the original small mirrors. I figured out that my motor mounts will work, but just don't like the position of my engine so I bought a set off of Kyle on Facebook and they are top notch. I am having them powder coated and should be ready next week. I have started installing the Centech wiring kit and also figuring out my hoses for the hydroboost. Once the motor is in place, I will need to take it to American Powertrain and do the trans install. It's kind of like building a house. The frame is up and looks like your gaining ground fast. Now it slows down as you work on the plumbing and wiring work....

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

progress is progress. takes time to do things well. keep up the great work :clap:
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

all of that is picture worthy :thup:
1964 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
1968 F-100 Short Bed
1967 Fairlane 500 Convertable
1967 Fairlane GT/A 289ci SOLD
1950 F-1 Original 239ci Flat Head V8 SOLD
1995 f-150 4x4 Swb 4.9L 5-speed FORSALE

My Build: :fr: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

I found one and painted the inlays flat black while trying to preserve and shine up the shiny areas. I figured id have to get creative with finding or fabbing some new gauges to fit and not look out of place. but I got lucky and all my gauges worked. did u know u can find the f600 gauges new online? I have found some speedometers on ebay. with yours you could paint the inlays that flat red while keeping the white around the gauges etc etc. I don't know what your interior plans are. but man u cant beat that black and/or chrome look.

nice choice on seats. im a fan of my 68 mustang seats. they just look at home in our trucks. 8)

again great build and great work.
1968 F-100 Short Bed

IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

hey craigerf100! I have seen your truck on Facebook. Very nice. I had plans on using the F600 gauges but like everything it gets out of control. I would like the idea of the gauges to be more accurate so I can see the actual water temp and oil pressure. I am probably over thinking it like I usually do. Thanks for all of the feedback. I am working on the hydroboost lines right now while waiting on the mounts to get coated. As soon as I get those items in place I will post of some more pics.

Barry
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

ok here are a couple of update pics.

All of the door rubber and glass are in. I bought the anti-rattle kit for DC and went in very well. I did not get my vent window seals from DC. I found some on Ebay much cheaper. I was reluctant to buying them but I thought surely there isn't more than one supplier for that part so I took a chance. They fit great. Also started installing some of the trim back on. And I was walking through a local pull a part and saw a 88 Grand Marquis. Just happened to look at the mirror base and it is identical to the F100 mirror base. So I grabbed the black plastic pads the mirrors sit on. Who would have thought they would be the same. Since I am wanting this truck to look old I am trying to use original parts in good shape so that things don't look new.

This pic is the parking brake stuff done. I used the E150 brake cables with Explorer springs on them. I also used a piece of angle iron and mounted it to the top of the rear end to help hold the cables. Not really sure this is the best idea yet because that means the cables are going to be moving more. Just need some sort of a support for it.(Edit) I ended up moving the bracket to the frame and off of the rearend.

Also I have been working on the hydroboost/power steering hoses. I took the oem mustang fittings to the local Napa and he gave me some fittings to get brazed on. I went to a local hose shop and he brazed AN fittings on them. Now all I need is to figure out the length of hose needed with an fittings. This is a much cheaper option then buying up metric to an fittings and piecing it all together. Pic shows the fittings getting painted.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

IN2FORD wrote:hey craigerf100! I have seen your truck on Facebook. Very nice. I had plans on using the F600 gauges but like everything it gets out of control. I would like the idea of the gauges to be more accurate so I can see the actual water temp and oil pressure. I am probably over thinking it like I usually do. Thanks for all of the feedback. I am working on the hydroboost lines right now while waiting on the mounts to get coated. As soon as I get those items in place I will post of some more pics.

Barry
Hey thanks IN2FORD, its definitely a budget build; it looks better in pictures. :lol: :thup: I totally agree on the more accurate gauges. I personally went the run of the mill way. and added 3 gauges mounted right under the dash. so I have the old school style in the cluster still working and the new accurate style that look similar. but I can see the appeal of all new gauges. :fr:
1968 F-100 Short Bed

IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Got the new mounts powder coated.

Test fitting some old foxbody headers. Can't decide to run regular 5.0 shorties since they will work or run 351w swap headers in hope that a foxbody mid pipe will bolt up.

Went ahead and stuck the core support on and started installing the hydroboost hoses as well. I think the red MSD cap needs to go. Need to switch it to black.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

IN2FORD wrote:Got the new mounts powder coated.

Test fitting some old foxbody headers. Can't decide to run regular 5.0 shorties since they will work or run 351w swap headers in hope that a foxbody mid pipe will bolt up.

Went ahead and stuck the core support on and started installing the hydroboost hoses as well. I think the red MSD cap needs to go. Need to switch it to black.

Barry
I bought some new mustang shorty headers for 80 dollars on ebay. worked out great not sure if the foxy body pipe will fit.
1968 F-100 Short Bed

IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Well I got a few things done today before mowing...rebuilding a carb halfway through mowing so I could finish mowing. Trash in the carb...anyways I got all of the trim put on the hood. Sandblasted the rearend cover and painted it. Started to put it on and I only had 9 stainless bolts and needed 10. Murphys law hangs out in my garage all the time. Also finished installing the powersteering/hydroboost lines. Also started stringing some wires. Still moving forward.

Barry
Last edited by IN2FORD on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Just realized my John Deere photo bombs my pics all the time...

Barry
68rookie

Post by 68rookie »

Looking good!! Nothing wrong with a little Deere photobombing!!!
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am!
1968 F-100 Longbed 390/C6