'69 F100 CV Build, resto mod

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

diznasty

Re: '69 F100 CV Build, resto mod

Post by diznasty »

Made some progress on the tank cage lastnight. Its far from being done. Still have some crossmembers to cut and then finish welding. I am planning on welding tabs to the outside of the frame rails. I can access the bolts easily then slide the tank-cage assembly out if it ever needs removed. Plus it adds a little protection in case of a crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hackster
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hackster »

Have you measured how close that is going to be to the ground?

Sean
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

No, I'm going to tack weld the mounting tabs on the outside of the frame rails until I get the rear-end in. Most tanks without cages that I have seen are bolted on the bottom of the c-channel and still have plenty of clearance. Mine will rest further up in between the rails so it shouldnt be a problem.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Well I got the frame back from media blast and epoxy coating. I noticed the front frame rails seemed "off"... Does anyone have the width measurement where the crown vic front end mounts? I lost my original measurement sheet. I am getting 33-1/4" outside width at the rails...the rest of my frame rails are 33-7/8" so they are within an 1/8" of the factory build sheets. I think don't know if the rails relaxed or some residual stresses released when it was blasted and baked. I wouldn't think the temps would be high enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.