'69 F100 CV Build, resto mod

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

diznasty

'69 F100 CV Build, resto mod

Post by diznasty »

Figured I'd condense my threads. I bought a '69 F100 early last year. Acquired a CV frontend shortly after and began cutting. Going to have to do a cab swap. Got a sweet deal on a california cab from a guy in pittsburgh. The best part was the guy told me the cab was off a '71 but when i was going through the cab at home i found the registration paperwork for it and it was registered as a '69 F100 ranger. I know they are interchangeable from 67-72 f100-f250 but i think its cool that its a true '69 cab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diznasty

Re: '69 F100 CV Build, resto mod

Post by diznasty »

more pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Original cab B-pillars. Rotted through on both sides.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

A little update...passenger side engine perch
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Perch fabrication...
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

more fab....
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Cool! :pop:
~Heirloom

'68 F250 360, 4 spd Project Thread!
Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

well....ive made zero progress since I made the passenger side perch. BUT....I came across a 2001 nagivator engine, 5.4l DOHC for $650, its going in....bye bye 390. Need to find a transmission. What computer are people using for this swap? I have the ECU and engine harness but I don't have the ecu hook up that was in the interior.
SATURN5

Post by SATURN5 »

Nice score....

Trans, autos 4R70W, 4R100W or manuals T45, TR3650, T56.

ECU's , it's COP which means 99-04 Cobra, 97-98 Mark VIII. You can use an earlier ECU, but the coils will need to be rewired to fire as waste spark and a EDIS8 module will be needed. Any are going to need a programmer to delete the PATS, and to be able to make changes.

I've got a 98 Mark VIII 4.6 going in mine unless I find a Navi motor. Also have a T45. Leaning toward a Megasquirt 3 for control.
Bob
68 F100 Flareside, CVIFS, Cobra IRS, DOHC, M122, MS3, T45, 4.10, Cobra brakes
84 Mustang SVO, B234F, HE351, Full Cobra spec suspension and brakes including IRS, T-tops
96 Mark VIII, Complete chassis bracing, 03 Cobra wheels, Maruader converter, built trans.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Thanks, i was following your build. Originally wanted the 5.4 but my buddy talked me out of it....then with lack of progress, and some brews, he sided with me. I was thinking of going with a 4r100 because of the size of the vehicle but I learned how to drive on a manual and have been hooked ever since. I want something drive(able) but fun....so at this point I am torn between auto and 5-spd. This will be more of a cruiser with the ocassional stoplight-to-stoplight run.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

4r70w trans from an '01 mustang, hydroboost, complete front engine bay harness, ecu, torque converter, flywheel....for $370....hell of a deal.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Well after, literally, not performing any type of work on the truck for a year I sent out the cab to a builder to have the roof replaced and also have the frame stripped down for sandblasting.

I have one question for the forum: 4-link or truck-arm suspension??? Since the CV swap is complete and the frame stripped I am going to take the opportunity to take it to a builder to check it for square and I may have a 4-link installed but I have been reading alot about the truck-arm(nascar) style suspension.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

The sandblaster fell through so in the down time I flipped the frame and continued cleaning it. Opened up the rear frame rails for the fuel cell. Im going to be building a cage(similar to the picture) to support it so I dont need to pull the bed if the tank ever needs dropped. Also a pic of the cab roof cut off ready for the new(old) roof to go on.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Well I made the big mistake....sold parts before I was done and I wish I wouldn't have. I sold the 8.8 I had picked up and decided to keep the original 9in. But I realized that the 9in is offset 1.5" to the passenger side. Has anyone who has performed the cv swap with a 4.6 or 5 4 found this to be an issue?
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

Does anyone have, or could someone take, pictures of the rear bumper brackets installed and bolts?....please! My truck came disassembled and I basically have a box of bolts I'm trying to sort through. I need to install the rear brackets before I finalize the fuel cell cage.