Project Pics (so far)...

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Project Pics (so far)...

Post by Nitekruizer »

Some of the parts that I am using came from Dentsides. The fan shroud is from a '76 F-Series pick-up and so is the power steering system. Because of the differences in the frames, the return line of the power steering cooler had to be extended so that the cooler would fit a Bumpside.

ImageImage

For some reason there's a leak at the pressure hose fitting (arrow). I've re-tightened the fitting several times and it still leaks. Arrrgh! :? :(
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

I'm getting the interior back together...slowly. :lol:

I decided the instrument cluster could use some "freshening up". I've always wished that my truck had blue dash lights, so I installed some blue bulb filters from a Ford car.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

It needed some touching up. I spray painted all of the guage needles, which had faded to a yellow color. First they got a coat of Flat White and then they got a coat of Flourescent Red. :)
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

Thanks. :) I hope to get back at it soon.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Looks good, do you want this moved to the projects subforum?

BTW, the last poster was spam...
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

Wow! What a long winter! :lol: Snow's almost all gone now and it's warm enough to work outside and in the garage again. My garage isn't insulated or heated. :(

I'm gonna get started on my truck again. I still have to sand, paint and install my grille. Also still have to re-connect my underhood wiring harnesses. Lots of other little things left to do too...Image
:)

Last Of The Good Ones?

This is the coil that I was running before. ( I've owned my truck for a long time). Anyway, I was running it with my points distributor and it made a big improvement to the way my engine ran. It's going back in my truck again. This time I plan to use some type of electronic trigger, but I will probably be using the points for the first few weeks or so.

Some people say that the quality of these coils has deteriorated and I believe that they're made offshore now. :( This one wasn't and it has been trouble free. :)

While the cluster and headliner were both out I ran some extra wiring. I'm installing the dash switches and putting my cluster back in.

More to come...
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

I just bought this grille. I paid $30 for it. The headlight buckets and park lights came with it! :hd:

It's got a few dings a scrapes, but I figure I can save it. It's not cracked or broken anywhere. I got one headlight bezel with it. The bezel has a bit of a nasty dent in it, but I'm gonna try to save it too. The other bezel was toast. :(

After a couple hours it's starting to look better. I don't know if there's anything I can do about those scratches, but, if not, I can certainly live with them.
ImageImage
I still have to "work" it a bit more.

I've been making some progress. I decided to install a new fuel filter, but with my engine sitting this long, do you think I could get the canister loose? I ended up having to remove the fuel pump and cut the seal with a knife. I was able to remove and re-install the fuel pump without having to remove the power steering pump. I'm kind of short of cash, so I hope this pump is still good. I won't really know for sure until my engine is running. To fire my engine, I plan on running a line from a one gallon gas jug to my fuel pump instead of using the line from the tank.

My garage is on low ground and got some water in it, so I'm having some condensation issues. There wasn't enough water to threaten my projects though.

I mounted my coil where it was before. With the points, it needs two ballast resistors to avoid burning the points. I plan on a Duraspark distributor install.

More pics to come... :)
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

doesn't progress feel great! :wink:
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

I got a chance to work on my Bump this fall for the first time in over a year. It seems that something always manages to take time and money away from my projects, but I did get a little bit done.

When I left off last time, I was getting ready to put my instrument cluster back in. I looked at my bezel and decided it had seen better days. Some sandpaper, some gray primer, some Chrome paint and a couple hours of my time made quite an improvement, IMO. :lol:

I got a little too enthusiastic to get it installed and forgot to touch up the black areas. :oops:

I needed an alternator and was lucky enough to find one at the boneyard for $25. It looks like a reman that had been recently installed on the donor truck. The fan shroud cost me $10 at the same boneyard a few years ago. I'm on a really tight budget with my projects, so when I find a good deal it helps me out a lot. I don't know yet what I'm going to do about those valve covers. My original plan was to have them chromed along with some other parts, including my hood hinges. I think I probably will end up painting the hinges instead. I like the "Powered By Ford" chrome valve covers, but there are some other styles I like too. That will have to wait awhile though.

I've been trying to get my truck up and running for quite some time now and actually thought it would be running two or three years ago. Well, I finally managed to fire up my 390 for the first time in over twelve years. Although I had been turning the engine with a wrench at least once a year, this was the first time she had been cranked with the starter since I parked her around 2002. I had some concerns, but she turned and fired up without any serious issues. There are a couple of little noises that I have to investigate.

This carb had never been run on this engine before. I did rebuild it before installing it. I had to tweak the Idle Mixture very slightly, but it was actually very close even before I adjusted it. Of course, I had to bump my timing a little too.

The Vacuum Gauge is steady and she has oil pressure. :)

Still a few things to do before I can drive her. I have to buy some front brake hoses. I still have to get tires and decide on some wheels. I am also thinking of installing a seat from an early '90s Ford. I'm getting closer to getting her on the road. :)

Now that Photobucket has basically eviscerated my project thread, I just thought I'd mention that I will be uploading my 1969 Ford F-100 "PROJECT BLACKJACK" videos to my YouTube Channel.