68 crew cab project

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: 68 crew cab project

Post by FormerMarine1981 »

No drilling huh? Break out the duct tape and baling wire!!!
What we do in Life, Echoes in Eternity
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

?
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

I read the label on the unit. Says no drilling into the case, void warranty, stuff like that. I assume it has mounting points built in but some people need to adapt things so they needed to put a warning on it.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Oh! Gottcha...yeah I guess there is a reason why that have that on there. Someone's bad attempt at "custom"! Lol I can only imagine the thing and ways people have tried to mount it.
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Haven't posted much on this in a while. I haven't had much time to mess with it, but I still manage to get a little done every now and then.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Since I'm using a 76 f250 crew cab short bed frame I had to mount the 4 link forward 2" to make up for the difference in frame length. So I'm mocking up the cab and front clip to know where to drill the new holes in the frame for the bed bolts and where to trim off the extra length in the back of the frame.
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Tyson, that looks freaking awesome! The naked and straight steel looks really good, just clear coat it and you're there! :lol: Are there many areas in need of repair/attention?
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

The bed is mostly straight, but has some rust holes in the taillight panels that will need addressed and the passenger side has had some PO bad body work to fix a crease around the wheel well. The cab, doors and front clip are in excellent shape. If I get motivated this winter I'm going ape sh!t with a saws all and plasma cutter and do some wild body mods to it. I have it all planed out, but have to find time to mess with it. I have a couple of vintage flat track motorcycles to restore for one customer and I'm putting a painless wiring harness in a 65 Malibu SS for my best bud. If he gives in I will also be putting in a Vintage Air kit in it too.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Trimmed the rear frame so the bed fits level and I got everything adjusted onto the new frame.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Looking good! Can't wait to see more.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Had a little free time this weekend so I drilled the new holes in the frame for the bed, sport bumper and front sway bar. I also almost finished the mustang tank swap. Also have most of the old seam sealer scrapped out so I can start doing a little bodywork.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

He in the first pic is the difference between the front and rear window regulators. A old ford assembly line worker told me the modified the fronts to work for the rears, but looking more and more at them it doesn't. Anyone know?
The last two pics is the comparison between a 67-72 stock truck axle shaft and a pair of driver side 4.5 bolt pattern. I use these to convert the rear after the cv swap.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Finished my Mustang tank swap. Built it out of 1.25" angle iorn. It was made wide enough to fit snug between the rails and bolts in on the sides and rear crossmember.
FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

tybob81 wrote:[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
He in the first pic is the difference between the front and rear window regulators. A old ford assembly line worker told me the modified the fronts to work for the rears, but looking more and more at them it doesn't. Anyone know?
The last two pics is the comparison between a 67-72 stock truck axle shaft and a pair of driver side 4.5 bolt pattern. I use these to convert the rear after the cv swap.
I thought I gave you the rear window regulators with the cab? When I looked at them it looked like the arm was just cut and welded at a different angle.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Hydroboost bracket. I made 2 so my green 68 get hydrobooat also.