Chassis Swap (1972 onto a 2002 Chassis)

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

jrreed1634

Re: Chassis Swap (1972 onto a 2002 Chassis)

Post by jrreed1634 »

Very nice work. I like that you didn't go smooth but it definitely still looks custom.
Swegner99
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Swegner99 »

That tailgate is perfect, looks factory IMO. If you get a chance throw up a picture with it primered. Good work :thup:
1972 F250 Custom LWB
1999 F150 Ext Cab
2001 E350 15 Passenger Van
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Looks good to me! I especially like the way you moved the "FORD" to the bottom. Looks really natural and very cool!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
FoPAR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoPAR »

Very nice work. I like that you didn't go smooth but it definitely still looks custom.
Yeah, that was the goal. Just glad it's turned out so far. glad you like it

That tailgate is perfect, looks factory IMO. If you get a chance throw up a picture with it primered. Good work :thup:

I will as soon as I can get it to that point. I haven't been feeling real great lately so I've taken a brake from the shop and projects.

Looks good to me! I especially like the way you moved the "FORD" to the bottom. Looks really natural and very cool!
Thanks, I really hoped it would look "ok" lower and I really liked the way it's turned so far..... should look even better when it's finally painted.
"FoPar" because I love Fords and Mopars so just call me FoPar... :D
FoPAR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoPAR »

Well after a needed break away from the project, got back to it yesterday. I cleaned up the shop put everything back in order & then continued the spot welding on the tail gate. About 300 spot welds later I called it a night. So about another 900 spot welds to go and the tailgate mods will be done. Hope to be posting pic’s of it finished soon.
FoPAR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoPAR »

Well it's been a while and not much to report on the project. My wife had a landscape project and we got to work on getting the garden going to. So not much time or energy left over for the trucks. Yesterday & today were the first days that I was able to do anything on them in a long time. The work truck has been leaking power steering fluid and the brakes had a really bad fade when stopping so I got to work on it to clean up the engine bay and fix the problems.

Engine bay when I got the truck:

Started the tear down, degreased, scrubbed and cleaned everything:

Then found the problem with the power steering and fixed it and the brake fade was being caused by someone putting in the wrong rubber diaphragm in the cap so it wasn't sealing between the two reservoirs, as soon as I put the correct one in, it held with no fade at all. I then got to work priming and painting the engine and everything.

Started getting it put back together:

I had to call it a night so I will finish it up tomorrow, but starting to look a lot better.
basshound71
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by basshound71 »

Really interesting project, I have read it from front to back a couple of times. You are really talented. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching and waiting for more
1971 Ford F100
2007 Chevy Avalanche
FoPAR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoPAR »

Ok so didn't get it all the way done... the only thing left is the hood and my friend is going to come over tomorrow and help with that. But anyways here are some more progress pic's...

I picked up some universal light flexible strips for another project but never used them so I put them on around the head lights, kinda has that European head light look...

Then a few pics with the camera flash turned on to cut down on the glare. They are bright!

Still not sure if they are going to stay, I'll have to see how everyone reacts to them then make up my mind. Most likely it won't be legal, but whatever.
Joshpow
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Joshpow »

those lights look awesome. nice truck
Josh

72 F-100 Ranger XLT SWB
71 F-100 Custom SWB
67 F-350 Dually Dump
02 F-250 Stroke
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2972100
FoPAR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoPAR »

So finished up the truck on Monday but been busy ever since, so here are the finished pic's of the engine bay clean up...

before:

after:

before:

after:

Just going to have fun and drive it for now..... time to get back onto the chassis swap project.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Pin Up Girls.....I like 'm.....nother fine job,truck looks good :thup: Now get back to sanding on that other truck :eek: :P
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
aaronb

Post by aaronb »

pretty awesome. now my search starts.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:hn: :hmm: I know why I'm on pg2....took on a full blown house renovation :loco: So whats up.... hope everything's ok with you and your family :?
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
fbomb100
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by fbomb100 »

loookkinng good there mopar
FoPAR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoPAR »

:hn: :hmm: I know why I'm on pg2....took on a full blown house renovation :loco: So whats up.... hope everything's ok with you and your family :?

Sorry guys, been busy with so many things that it hasn't left time for the truck or much else. We have been slammed a work since spring and it hasn't slowed down and to top it off they moved us to a new location/warehouse during our busiest month ever. Every company I've worked for has moved at least once (5 moves) so I'm kinda a pro now at setting up new warehouses. But the down side is it takes every bit of my extra time to pull it off since we were still doing our normal jobs on top of moving a 80,000 sf warehouse. 2 months of 18 hour days doesn't leave much time or energy for other things. I'd get home crash into the recliner and most times wake up there the next morning.

As for the truck I have started to tinker with it again and have been toying with a custom front bumper idea. When I get a few more days to continue with the idea and get some progress on it I will start posting some pics..... if it turns out...lol