Project: One Refined 69

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: Pics of my 69 build finally!!!!

Post by F100builder »

Great build...very motivating. Now, I gotta get my garage cleaned so I can go play! :thup:
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
bossperformance

Re: Pics of my 69 build finally!!!!

Post by bossperformance »

Thanks guys for all of the complements. Being back on here is giving me some insperation. This project has been going for way too long now (almost 12 years). Hopefully it will gain some speed now as I have most of the parts and all of the bodywork is complete except the tailgate (new from Carpenter) and the cab which is at the body shop right now.

The 4-Link is a No-Limit Fat Bar system. I will be running the shockwaves in the rear as well as the front.

Ohhh BTW the Shelby is my dads car, he is my insperation for this build. He picked out the bumpside project to be my first car and it got a little out of hand with modifications, then varsity football, then college, now work and now I am 25 driven the truck only in and out of the garage. Thought I would share a few pics since there in not too much else to share on this project for the moment.

Here is my dads 85 EXP NHRA SuperGas car with 385 Clevland, it will run close to 8.80's at sea level all motor

Here is my Daily driver 93 Mazda B2600i (only car I own that is not a Ford get good gas milage)

Lastly here is my 95 Mustang

bossperformance

Re: Project: One Refined 69

Well it looks like this project will finally be taking a upward bounce. I have put my dream of owning a 2004 mystichrome cobra on hold for a few years. I am going to use the money I had set aside for that towards the 69. I finally got setled into my new house and i am headed to my old home in a few weeks to get some tools, jacks, and my air compressor. Hopefully I will be getting a welder at the end of the month so it looks like I can finally put the time into this build that it deserves. If all goes well the truck and all of the needed tools will be ready to go January 1. No more of this 4 hour drive crap to work on my truck :thup:
bossperformance

Also forgot to mention that I am going to ax the twin I-beams and put mustang II in the front so anyone with experince in doing this let me know what you think.
smokey3215

Post by smokey3215 »

That Mazda is a ford product so your good lol.
F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by F100builder »

bossperformance wrote:Also forgot to mention that I am going to ax the twin I-beams and put mustang II in the front so anyone with experince in doing this let me know what you think.
A lot of people are putting Crown Vic IFS on their bumps which is a very nice install and also economical if you can score all the right pieces for the right price. I have been interested in doing a CV or a Must. II for my '69 but haven't made up my mind yet if I ever get the money and time to get after it. I have dropped DJM beams and '75 discs on it now. I installed a Fatman Must. II crossmember on my '56 and in my honest opinion, it looks much cleaner than the CV IFS and seems like it's a much quicker and easier install although I've never done the CV swap. I have however, seen many procedures for it and it looks like it's not too difficult but I still believe the Must. II is simpler. One thing about the MII IFS is that it is very well supported in the aftermarket as far as bigger brake upgrades, control arms, dropped spindles, steering, etc. whereas the CV is limited to stock or OEM replacement parts. Now, much like our beloved trucks, the CV IFS's are growing in popularity so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until upgraded and/or custom parts are available for it (maybe it's already happening???).

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. One thing I don't like about my particular IFS is the upper control arm adjustment setup (it can loosen and slide out of adjustment) but the latest kits have a better way to do it and they don't lose their adjustment or alignment. I'd still like to modify mine to make it more like the newer kits. Here's a few shots of my '56 with its MII IFS...I have tubular control arms, 2" dropped spindles, 11" Granada rotors, and GM calipers. So basically, it's MII based as there are no actual MII parts on it but all of the factory Ford pieces could still be bolted on if I wanted the ugly stamped steel stuff on it. Shown is a manual steering rack but I will be going with a power unit in the end. One last thing...a MII IFS could most likely cost you a little more in the long run if you decide to add the tubular arms, bigger brakes, etc. but it doesn't have to be done right away either.

Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
bossperformance

Hey guys! Good news Orderd a Lincoln 256 Mig that is being drop shipped from the factory, should come in Friday or Monday. :woohoo: Cant wait! I am getting my compressor set up now need to get my garage cleaned up and ready to build. Finally the truck is going in a positive direction!
bossperformance

Hey Guys! Got my welder, still on scedule to start work on Jan 1. Also, finally pulled the triger and ordered the Fatman crossmember 3 weeks out. Also I needed some motivation so I did this to give me some direction. Sorry for the poor quality.

CrypticRacer13
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by CrypticRacer13 »

That picture is sick!!!!
-Mike-
ECV 1849
Build>http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=68225
69' F250 Highboy 390ci.,NP435,Dana 24,HPD44,D60
67' Dodge Coronet R/T 440ci.4speed,D60, all numbers correct
72' Dodge Dart 440ci.727,D60,10ptcage street strip on meth 10.40s
05' Chevy Tahoe LT loaded for the wife an the baby duty
12' Ford Focus Titanium Hatch Back, Gas saver for the work week
bossperformance

Thanks CrypticRacer! This is what I would like it to look like. I really have some direction now. I want it to be more of the pro touring style, which is why I finally axed the i-beams. As a said I am going with the Fatman MKII up front and a No-Limit Fat Bar in the rear. Right now I am thinking Ridetech select series shockwaves with electric valving. Also a set of Wilwood 6 piston brakes. As for the rendering, I think this should be really close to the actual stance. I am going with the MKII and droped spindels and this is the exact set up on the Fatman shop truck as well as the Roseville Rod silver truck so I think it will be really close. I am really geting excited! This thing is going to be bitchin!
bossperformance

Just recived my Fatman crossmember, also got some drop spindels and a new Moroso oil pan that will fit with the crossmember. I am going to go with Ridetech Strongarms. I am tring to find a pair that will not cost me both arms and a leg and most of the other leg lol. I have been taking my wife to work because of the snow and it has really messed my scedule up, plus it has been fkn cold. I hope to get started on this thing soon all of the parts showing up is helping to motivate me.
CrypticRacer13
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by CrypticRacer13 »

:pop: :pop:
-Mike-
ECV 1849
Build>http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=68225
69' F250 Highboy 390ci.,NP435,Dana 24,HPD44,D60
67' Dodge Coronet R/T 440ci.4speed,D60, all numbers correct
72' Dodge Dart 440ci.727,D60,10ptcage street strip on meth 10.40s
05' Chevy Tahoe LT loaded for the wife an the baby duty
12' Ford Focus Titanium Hatch Back, Gas saver for the work week
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Keep it coming!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
bossperformance

So I am finally back on it! Thanks for the pics pat they were a help. My problem at the moment is that I lost my sheet with all my measurements on it. I had photos of the truck and measurements of the frame height at diffrent positions. I need to find out where i need to set my ride height to at least get me in the ballpark for putting the mustang ii in. I will tack it all in and check it with all of the sheet metal but just trying to get it close untill then. I doo like alot of rake brobibly more than the standard 2-3 degrees more like 4-5 degrees. Maby I just need a better understanding of what trucks look like with diffrent amounts of rake.

Also to much talking and no photos so here are the REAR brakes I will be running.

Wilwood Superlite 4 Piston polished callipers with 13" drilled and slotted rotors.
Pepper2829

Post by Pepper2829 »

Three years...hope your Ok...hope you've made some progress. 8)
2013 Ford Explorer Limited
2005 Ford F350 Lariat - crew/short/6.0L
1972 F100 Sport Custom - reg/short 429/C6 crown vic/Explorer rear
1968 Mercury Cyclone GT 390 - in family since new
1954 Chevrolet pickup - 350/T5 mustangII/Explorer rear