$50 paint job on the highboy

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FOWLER

Re: $50 paint job on the highboy

Post by FOWLER »

Small world, my wife works for Dominion at the Surry Nuke plant. And I know that establishment well,think it used to be called the "Oasis" back in the day, sort of a local landmark lol.
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

If you know the place well then you might know a guy that goes by "Cookie". I bought the truck from him about 10 years ago. Cowboy lives on the same farm that I bought the truck from. I'm sure he remembers the truck.

Today I learned how to sew a straight lines on vinyl, Lady friend likes to quilt and I asked her if she would let me learn how to sew vinyl and she set me up and I started making my headliner and speaker covers for the behind the seat storage I'm making. It's not going to be perfect but I can say that I made it.

Tuesday I put in the 390, And got the ceramic coated headers in. The 130 amp 3g alternator and the A/C compressor should be in on Saturday. The distributer will be in Friday. Get all that in and I'll be able to start putting the front end back on the truck after running new A/C lines. Still need to make a trip to a junk yard to find me the right radiator and brackets. I have 2 good radiators but want the right one to go back in it. Need to order me some thin wall 2 1/2" stainless tubing and some mufflers. Exhaust looks to be pretty straight forward, shouldn't be to hard to run.

Truck is coming along pretty fast and hoping to be able to drive it in a few weeks. 10 years is long enough to wait for a ride :woohoo:
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

Just got finished putting on a set of 315-75-16 on the truck. looks like the truck is going to be kind of tall for the women to get in on the passenger side. I might be getting smacked when I give a little boost to the hinny to help them get in the truck :D
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

hazelnut wrote:Just got finished putting on a set of 315-75-16 on the truck. looks like the truck is going to be kind of tall for the women to get in on the passenger side. I might be getting smacked when I give a little boost to the hinny to help them get in the truck :D
Nothing wrong with that! :thup: I've been wanting to put some larger shoes on my Highboy but I was not sure how 315/75/16 would look. Can you post some pics when you have a chance? I was thinking that 305/75/16 would be safer, I just don't want any rubbing issues.
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

popeyes71 wrote:
hazelnut wrote:Just got finished putting on a set of 315-75-16 on the truck. looks like the truck is going to be kind of tall for the women to get in on the passenger side. I might be getting smacked when I give a little boost to the hinny to help them get in the truck :D
Nothing wrong with that! :thup: I've been wanting to put some larger shoes on my Highboy but I was not sure how 315/75/16 would look. Can you post some pics when you have a chance? I was thinking that 305/75/16 would be safer, I just don't want any rubbing issues.
I don't have the front sheet metal on the truck yet. I had 365-65-16s on it and they cleared fine. I'm going to be gone this weekend so I'll have the metal back on the truck next week. I'll turn the wheel so you can see the tire clearance. The 315's are only 34.5" high so it should be plenty of room.