1970 F100 Extra parts rebuild

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

1970 F100 Extra parts rebuild

Post by fordman »

well i have a truck and alot of extra parts so i am going to build a truck to resell. and get someone else interested in restoring a truck. i am going to do a professional type of build with just what i have. i am not goignt o go all out. i am goignt o let the next owner do a frame off. if they prefer to do that. my plans are to have a 360 automatic trans. and maybe power brakes. possibly with a radio of some sort. here are the pics of this truck. the first set is how the truck looked when i got it.

this is how the truck looks now.

here are some pics of the cab and drivers door i am putting on this truck.
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: 1970 F100 Extra parts rebuild

Post by dablack00 »

Look like you have some good parts to start with.
flyboy71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by flyboy71 »

Wish I could snatch that red cab. Beter than mine :o
-Jeff

1971 F-100 240 straight six, 3 on the tree (parted out)
1972 F-100 302 auto trans, pwr steering, pwr brakes (under construction)
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before" Dwight Eisenhower
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

on tuesday i took the transmission to the car wash as clean 40 years worht of grease off of it. i am going to put a 1967 mx automatic transmission i it. and just for fun i am going to paint it yellow before i put it in. here is a pic of the greasy transmission before i washed it down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

update updat eupdate. i finally got this truck begun. i put the eninge and trans in it today. i forgot to move the engine perches to the backs et of holes but i will redo that tomorrow. atleast it is in for now. sorry no pics yet on this. i will take my camera tomorrow.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

here are the pics of yesterdays mistake. today i did get the mounts moved but not back in the perches. the rain couldn't wait another hour or so to get it all put back the way it was. you can see how the driveshaft was a few inches too short with the perches in the front position.

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i got the eninge and trans in the correct place today. i also got the starter dual exhaust pies and driveshaft in. then we sat the cab on the frame and i couldn't find the gas tank plates. since the cab is a 69. i think i am going to have to go back without the plates. they aren't here at home either. they either got scrapped or stored in some unusal place. so i couldn't find them again. tomorrow is all body panels and cab interior to be put back together. the truck should be runnable by monday moring if i can find everything. i seem to be missing the headlight bucket and the ashtray bracket i think. oh and the radiator got screwed up when we pulled the core support off of the other truck so i have to fix that now. so far all is going well other than not finding some of the parts i had taken off of it.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

whats the barackets for the tank look like? i may have a set.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i couldn't find the ones i have or had. i am going to go without them for now. i have to get on with this. i am going to have this truck ready to go sometime this next week. all i have left is the gas tank and the front clip to put back on. its going to be about five different colors when im done putting all the parts on. i may primer it all before i put it up for sale.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

the front clip is on. now for the interior and radiator. and it should be a runner. i will try and get a pic of it in the next day or two. i am missing a passenger door though.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Quick build Craig :thup: Maybe I'll fly ya up when it's time to get mine in the final stage of restarting---it'll be a yr or so yet :pray: before I have to worrie about that
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

it all needsd some adjusting. i had my wife helping with hte large parts and to get those bolts on the inside of the door hinge area for the fenders. the inner and outer fenders were still bolted together too. so that helped. there are still a few bolts left to put in but they are easy ones. mostley the inner fenders to the core support. and the lower rear fender mounts. the passenger inner fender needs to go down a little the hood sticks up too high on that side.
flyboy71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by flyboy71 »

fordman wrote:it all needsd some adjusting. i had my wife helping with hte large parts
What's the trick to getting your wife to help out? Im still trying to figure that part out myself. :lol:
-Jeff

1971 F-100 240 straight six, 3 on the tree (parted out)
1972 F-100 302 auto trans, pwr steering, pwr brakes (under construction)
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before" Dwight Eisenhower
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

that is a secret. here is a picture of it i took today. i actually took more than one but for some reason the rest of the pictures ended up being pictures of the grass. i havent worked on this truck for a week. it still needs more parts put back on it to get going again. it looks like both passenger tires have went flat. i dont know why. they have been holding air all this time. why go flat now? just so i would have soemthing else to do i guess.

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

looks pretty. I'm feeling more serious about the pm i sent about it. if the cab floors are solid enough.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com