Heirlooms '68 F250 - 2500 miles later.....

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Heirlooms '68 F250 - Clean, Paint, Assemble, Repeat.

Post by Heirloom »

Boy, that Eastwood 1:1 Epoxy primer is some thick stuff. I ended up with a few sags which I will sand out after I get back from TN. So until then this project is put away. I leave Tuesday and get back Saturday. Enough time for it to cure up and become sandable.

:fr:
~Heirloom

'68 F250 360, 4 spd Project Thread!
Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Stealth69

Post by Stealth69 »

There was steel plate spot welded and seam sealed on my floor.
'02 BMW 325xi

'69 Ford F250 C.S. Ranger 428 PI with gt 500 heads, racing c6, d60 3.73 limited slip, currently rat rod black (flat black) but going back factory Candy Apple Red / Wimbledon White
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Stealth69 wrote:There was steel plate spot welded and seam sealed on my floor.
Where on the floor? Any idea what for?
~Heirloom

Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

A HUGE thanks to my parents for pre-paying me (in project parts!) for a bathroom remodel :thup:

They ponied up for the EZ wiring kit, new tie rod, drag & center and links as well as for the new HD dual rate front coils. PLUS this order just went in today :D

You know.....the stuff like an antenna and glove box...arm rests....a floor covering...that makes it a bit less Flintstones like and a little more refined lol

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It would have been another year or two before I could have collected all that. :love: you guys!

~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
Stealth69

Post by Stealth69 »

you were looking for cover for clutch rod hole that is what that plate was for on my 69 with the automatic factory.
'02 BMW 325xi

'69 Ford F250 C.S. Ranger 428 PI with gt 500 heads, racing c6, d60 3.73 limited slip, currently rat rod black (flat black) but going back factory Candy Apple Red / Wimbledon White
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Stealth69 wrote:you were looking for cover for clutch rod hole that is what that plate was for on my 69 with the automatic factory.
Ah yes. Thanks. I am going to make a cover plate using the two bolt holes already there, as well as seam seal it.
~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 67nukeford »

I'm probably going to weld in a patch for mine, since I'm going with the hydraulic clutch set up from the 89 parts truck.
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

One picture says it all....

~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
Mama Bear

Post by Mama Bear »

And a huge thank you in advance for the help with the bathroom remodel. :D
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Today I set the cab on the frame. New Prothane black mounts. Also unfolded the rubber mat to let it sit and relax for several days.

~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Great progress, Josh! Looking good. :thup:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Yesterday I sprayed the last of the red parts (calipers, caliper mounts, rotors and inner/outer tie rod coupler. While that was curing I got the rear brakes built and the passenger door disassembled completely. When the parts were dry I mock assembled the front brakes. Since the red parts were out of the way I went ahead and hung the next set of parts in the paint booth. I need to prep a few more parts before the next spray session. With rain coming today I may not be able to paint until Sunday afternoon. Not a whole lot done yesterday, but it's progress.

~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Did some more painting today. As you can see it's a bunch of the misc stuff like hinges, brackets, covers etc. Except for the hood latch and support components, this is really the last of the non-body parts to get painted, sort of a turning point. Also busted apart the inner/outer fenders and radiator support/grille.

~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :pop:
"WARNING! Being Hit with The "Brick Of Life", is just a hint that you are about to be run over by the "Boulder Of Being"!"
:bdh: :hn: :rant: :wf: :drive:
1967 F-100 Base Long bed. 390 4Bbl, NP435 4Spd, Manual Steering, Manual Brakes, A/C. (BlueBeast).FOR SALE-NOT!
1967 F-350 C&C, 159"WB.(Donor Truck)
1967 Mercury Cougar Standard. 5.0 HO, RUG-E 4 Speed, Factory Triple Black, Console Car.(SOLD)
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

It's nice to see old rusted parts come back to life. Good job :thup: :thup: