Japanese attack Pearl Harbor Dec. 7-1941 Killing more that 2400 Americans

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Japanese attack Pearl Harbor Dec. 7-1941 Killing more that 2400 Americans

Post by crazyhorse »

Japanese attack Pearl Harbor Dec. 7/1941 Killing more than 2,400 Americans.

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/pearl-harbor

I hope we NEVER forget that awful day.
God bless all the people who served and are serving today.

May America ALWAYS stay strong and ready.
We never know what the future holds.

God bless The United States of America.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Japanese attack Pearl Harbor Dec. 7-1941 Killing more that 2400 Americans

Post by basketcase0302 »

So very well spoken and thank you.
May God Bless "the greatest generation" who's numbers are dwindling now to only a handful that forever changed the course of our free society we live in today. :pray:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Manny »

Indeed i am incredibly thankful for the greatest generation. My grandfather Walter Robert Perkins left university of Georgia and wound up tuning repairing and launching F6F Hellcats as part of air group 88 on the Yorktown CV-10. Gone on now i hope to catch up with him up yonder and listen to his fascinating stories once again. :pray:
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fastEdsel »

The greatest generation still has ripples through this farm even after all these years. The sacrifices were dealt with head on and we improvised. Dad's family numbered 7 and they had a big band as well as farming 9 1/2 sections dry land with 2 RD4 and 2 RD6 Caterpillar tractors. Work started at 12:01 Monday AM and they went dawn to dusk when they could. In the fall of 1938 Grampa was in town doing his coffee shop, getting the mail thing and he saw a Japanese teenage kid by the tracks, just got off the train. He was asked can you drive a tractor? Yes. Can you milk a cow? Yes. Get in, you're hired. Mr. Kono was here from 1938 to 1953. When Pearl Harbor was hit the Canadian authorities ( and I use that term tongue in cheek) came here to collect Mr. Kono and place him in an internment camp. They came here with 3 brand new Pontiacs to meet up with Mr. Kono. The cops met up with my Grandfather holding up the business end of a Winchester 12, unplugged and loaded! There was little argument that Mr. Kono was worth more here helping grow food for the war effort than wasting away in a camp somewhere in British Columbia. The prisoner blue coveralls with a big red spot on the back that the federales left for him to wear found their way to the burn barrel and incinerated under a healthy dose of farm gasoline even as the dust of the Pontiacs was settling as they left the yard. I am sure we discussed this last year, more to share about German prisoners of war who were bussed here to pick rocks if you all like. Mr. Kono was born in British Columbia Canada, his parents and siblings were sent to the camps but survived. Dad's families Big Band made music from 1936 to 1966 and as Dad and two of his brothers were old enough to be in the Armed Forces they were denied because of the size of our farm and the music they played to keep the home folk happy for a couple hours every weekend. God Bless the Entire Greatest Generation and May their Souls Rest In Peace.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Edsel, thank you sir for posting the good history .

There were and are lots of sacrifices made for our freedom.
Through out our history , millions of people have and do sacrifice so much for our freedom.
I hope God will always bless America and keep us safe, strong and FREE.

:fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr:
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Isoroku Yamamoto
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by eggman918 »

I remember August 24, 1814, December 7, 1941, September 11,2001,the Trail Of Tears and many other Infamous dates and occurrences ..............................
Project1 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fastEdsel »

Another date that has just passed was the biggest murder cover up in United States History, the 160th anniversary of the Mountain Meadows Massacre in Utah, September 11, 1857. We all know who was involved, I will leave it up to the viewers to look it up. I find it a truly appalling event which has been hushed up and covered up by those still in power. Thank You eggman for reminding us to remember our past and agreed to learn from history! :thup: