Just got the new F100 builders guide in the mail...

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Gregtx

Just got the new F100 builders guide in the mail...

Post by Gregtx »

Overall, the issue is great. Lots of cool truck builds, lots of nice tips and a great interview with Aaron from Arclight. The only real disappointment that I had was that there wasn't even one truck in there with an FE still in it. In fact, the only mention of an FE that I could find was for a serpentine kit in one ad. The build focus seemed to mostly be on suspension (lowering), chassis and interior restoration. Most of the featured trucks in there either had crate 351w motors, or they had been completely replaced with modern motors.

I'm still super excited to see a builders guide for the F100 series trucks, however. I think it's great to see this kind of attention being given to these beauties. But I'd really like to see a great build where someone kept the FE/C6 combo in the truck and was able build it up.
Greg

1968 F-250 Camper Edition Special
F250 Build Thread

[image]561[/image] [image]600[/image]
cdnwillyg
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Just got the new F100 builders guide in the mail...

Post by cdnwillyg »

Hey Gregg fellow M250 CS here, I have a '68 FE 390 & C6 and just started my build but from a stalled previous owners project. Why not just log your build here and use all the great help here to build what you want!!!!! :thup:
1968 Mercury M250 Camper Special
FE-390,570CFM 4bbl, C6 Automatic, PS, PB front disk.
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
:drive:Willy
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Yeah I saw that on the shelf in the grocery store a few weeks ago. After quickly skimming the pages it stayed on the shelf at the grocery store. Probably a great book for someone with the money to throw out for a full on custom truck. As far as restorations and builds go I've found a lot more and better info just browsing this forum.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
magic bus

Post by magic bus »

I didn't see the mag. But thats kinda the reason I rebuilt my FE. I kind of liked the nostalgia and originality of the FE in my 71
71 F100 2WD Longbed Sport Custom 390 C6
67 Econoline E100 200 I6 3 on the Tree
70 Mustang Coupe 302 C4

97 Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

That's the problem nowadays - seems everyone just wants to buy the crate motor or ready fit parts which is fine but most magazines just seem to want to focus on just that - don't have the money to do that stuff and I enjoy having to fabricate stuff to make it work! I am constantly asked when I'm gonna replace the 360 in mine with something that's newer that has fuel injection and electronic ignition.......and I get looks like I grew a second head when I tell them I bought my bump BECAUSE it doesn't have all that.......not even gonna replace the points distributor because it works fine......... :D
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR