Name That Knob

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

the elder rocker

Name That Knob

Post by the elder rocker »

Hi Folks-
Looking over the parts truck I got for the '67 SWB. Can't say I know what this knob is? Any Ideas? The truck is a '67 Ranger 1/2 ton LWB with a 352 and automatic. No Power brakes or steering. No air. It's a rubber covered pushbutton looking thing. :?

hdman90
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Name That Knob

Post by hdman90 »

The only two things I can think of is an impromptu horn button or push start ignition. Other than that, its a very good question! Trace the wires and see where they go!
1969 F-100 LWB 2wd 240 3spd manual
1969 F-250 LWB 4wd 360 4spd manual
1976 F-250 Supercab LWB 2wd 390 4spd manual
the elder rocker

Nice clean installation. I was hoping that it was a super-rare Dearborn fill-in-the-blank option. :hd:
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

I think that's where my fuel selector knob is, but I've seen some pictures with the knob for the cargo light there. You could always push it ... and see what happens ...

If it doesn't blow up, post the results! I'm voting for the mother-in-law ejector seat control, myself.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
71Fe2O3

Post by 71Fe2O3 »

You could be in for a real treat if it is connected to that thick red wire. Perhaps in its day the button was red, too.
Let us know what happens when you push it. Better yet, get somebody else to push it while you watch from a safe distance.
Fred

1970 F100 4WD short bed, 360 engine, very rusty plow and yard truck

1971 F100 2WD long bed, 302 engine, on the road

1968 F100 2WD long bed, 360 engine, stripping for parts
the elder rocker

Heck, fellows- I'm afraid to put a battery in it. See all those twist connectors hanging down? On the other hand- if it is rocket launchers............. :evil:
the elder rocker

Hi Folks-
Got a slow moment here at work. Gainful employment! Bah! Keeps me away from what I really need to get done! Anyway, started thinking about it, and when I was cleaning the mountain of trash out of this one I do recall seeing not 1 but 2 ignition switch boxes. Humm.... It's a '67- one-off switch...... more than one box for same........ rubber covered momentary switch on the dash....................... big honkin' red wire in close proximity...... beginning to think it is a starting bodge job. Well mounted, though. Rats!!! I was kind of excited about that rocket launcher/ oil slick pump/ ejection seat! OK, especially the rocket launcher. :cry: So many people texting and trying to drive- so few of us to deal swift justice!
Thanks!
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS