Power washing the underside.

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

prdjr1

Power washing the underside.

Post by prdjr1 »

My truck needs a good power wash to get rid of all the build up on the bottom of the engine and trans,I have a power washer but don't want to mess up my driveway-any suggestions on where to get it done?
jamesdfo

Re: Power washing the underside.

Post by jamesdfo »

Back in the early eighties, I bought a couple of Exon Valdez type vehicles, and one of the local Coin Wash places also had a couple oversize bays that they would rent by the hour for guys cleaning their big rigs. A few cans of engine degreaser, a good rain suit, and plenty of paper towels to get clean/dry enough to get back in the interior to drive home after, and Voila! :):)

** And if you have a set of metal ramps for doing oil changes, they will come in handy as well, but a floor jack & some jackstands will work as well

James
WhitsEnd
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by WhitsEnd »

jamesdfo wrote:Back in the early eighties, I bought a couple of Exon Valdez type vehicles, and one of the local Coin Wash places also had a couple oversize bays that they would rent by the hour for guys cleaning their big rigs. A few cans of engine degreaser, a good rain suit, and plenty of paper towels to get clean/dry enough to get back in the interior to drive home after, and Voila! :):)

** And if you have a set of metal ramps for doing oil changes, they will come in handy as well, but a floor jack & some jackstands will work as well

James
If you use that advice, you may get off as easy as getting kicked off the property, or as bad as a hefty fine depending on location.
8) 1970 F100 Ranger 2WD
:thup: project link: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=83642
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

WhitsEnd wrote:If you use that advice, you may get off as easy as getting kicked off the property, or as bad as a hefty fine depending on location.
Reminds me of the time I ran the "Sea Foam cleaning method" on my 352. I had heard that it could create a bunch of smoke while it soaked off carbon build-up in the engine. My local AutoZone is in the same parking lot as our K-Mart. So, I picked up the bottle of Sea Foam from AutoZone, then drove over to the K-Mart side for the treatment. Sure enough, the neighbors would have hated me if I did it in my driveway! :lol:

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Guess I am fortunate to have a place on my own property where I make the mess and then deal with the cleanup.
Can't see making a mess for others to deal with. :doh:
Maybe you could lay down a plastic tarp to catch the mess to minimize your driveway cleanup. :thup:
Hope you getter clean and keep on Trucking............John
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I did mine in my driveway. It's gravel but it disappeared fast. I've also done it on the lawn. Grass eats up anything. Did a radiator flush on the lawn too haha.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle