Whats it worth???

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

det45

Whats it worth???

Post by det45 »

As you all know I recently purchased a 1970 F100 Ranger XLT and would like to know if I got a good deal? What do you all think my truck is worth on the retail market? I looked on EBay at similar trucks and I paid much less than what people have them listed for on EBay. I'll disclose what I paid for it after reading some of your opinions. Just curious, thanks.....det45 :)

http://www.diversionmotors.com/1399_70_F100.htm
idaho_cowboy

Re: Whats it worth???

Post by idaho_cowboy »

I'll bite.

I watching this one you purchased as well. NICE truck. A few things that take away from originality, like the replacement carpet, and new aftermarket fuel tank. But overall it looks pretty dang nice. I would say well advertised on e-bay, it probably would have brought someplace in the $12,000 bracket. Maybe as high as $14,000 on a good week.

I could be way off on that, but I doubt it.

Good find!
- Joseph
Owner @ bumpsidetreasures
det45

Post by det45 »

I paid $12,500.00 for this truck, I was told it is all original. How can you tell the carpet and fuel tank was replaced???
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Price really doesn't matter as long as it's does what you want it to. It's a very sharp looking critter with low miles. Now you are it's care taker and are responsible for keeping it in this shape while enjoying it for your purposes.

So, what are you going to do with it? I have a 34k mile '68 Fairlane 500 fastback (my avatar) and it occupies a spot in my shed all the time. In fact, the only time it come out is whenever I need in there and it's usually raining when I do.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
idaho_cowboy

Post by idaho_cowboy »

Not to take anything away from the truck, and sounds like you got a fair price. On the Carpet, Ford didn't fully carpet under the seat and all the way to the tank. And that tank is a reproduction like the one at the following link:

http://dennis-carpenter.com/gas-or-fuel ... TZ-9002-A/

In '70, I believe the original tank would have been black as well. Never silver.

Condensation at probably settled in the old tank and rusted out. Replacements are cheaper than fixing originals, so it was replaced. Certainly doesn't take away from the overall package, so don't let it dissapoint ya!

I hope you drive this beauty, she sure does look good.

- Joseph
Owner @ bumpsidetreasures
det45

Post by det45 »

Ranchero50, I love to see some pics of your '68 Fairlane 500 fastback, love that year car! What condition is it in and how original is it? 390 or 428?