On the road again....

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

grnf100

On the road again....

Post by grnf100 »

My bump went down the road , and more importantly stopped, under its own power for the 1st time in over 13 years. I have completely rebuilt the brakes from ground up. Which has been the issue the whole time. Brakes, lines, hoses, master cylinders... everything!

I'm sure other things will pop up that needs attention. But today was a milestone!

Side note.
Had an issue with one of the wheel cylinders not wanting to bleed. This being my 1st time doing any brake work other than changing brake pad on new model cars. It was a learning process. 1st time bleeding brakes ever. I pulled hose of at steel line connection. Pumped brakes and got good flow. Pulled hose of at wheel cylinder, pumped brakes and again good flow! Connected back up and same thing. WC would NOT bleed!!! Pulled all apart and and pulled WC off for inspection. Took it apart and found out it was in fact defective. The bore from the hose connection was not drilled deep enough to make it all the way to the WC bore!! What the hell.... took it back to the store for replacement. But this being my 1st time bleeding, I had doubted that I was doing it correctly. Thought I was doing everything correct... and I was! Aggravating , but got it replaced and the rest went as planed.

I had to do a little adjustment bleed each wheel again to make sure nothing had changed with all that went on in the troubleshooting process. And all was good! Good hard pedal.

And I was off ..... :woohoo:
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: On the road again....

Post by Lone Ranger »

Good job! Nothing better than finishing a big job and having it all work correctly. Keep it up!
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle