Strange request for some help, but very cool...

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

JB5587

Strange request for some help, but very cool...

Post by JB5587 »

Hey guys, no updates on my truck in the project section as I'm still waiting for my prerunner to sell, but a different update came up that I'm pretty excited about. I found the original owners manual for my 1970 F100 tucked way back in the glove box that I didn't see before. It is still in awesome shape. I looked up the dealer info after seeing it was sold to a Frank Wood Tire, inc., of El Toro, CA. It was sold by Bill Corwin Ford of Orange, CA. That's pretty cool, but the REALLY cool part is that as stated in my build thread, I'm doing a WWII bomber/fighter themed build. Why is that cool? Well, Bill Corwin happened to be, as stated in his obituary I found, "A pilot in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. Starting in 1942 he served for 14 months in Alaska. He flew the first airplane into the island of Adak while it was still occupied with enemy Japanese troops, for this he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross" - See more at: http://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries/ ... bEhjO.dpuf

I thought this was just awesome and meant to be. I'm a Marine Corps veteran that was stationed in Camp Pendleton, CA, and stuff like this excites me as I also happen to love WWII history.

Now the favor is for someone-- anyone to help me get in contact with Eloise Corwin (survived at time of obituary in 2006), his daughter Catherine, or son Bill. I'd really like to show them this and also I would love to include a decal of "Bill Corwin Ford - Orange, CA" on the truck or something similar to honor this man and where the truck came from. Lots of history just from this truck I happened to get. Not sure if it would be significant to them or not, but I know it would make me happy to see something like this from the past.

If anyone can help out with this, that would be great! I'll do some tracking down of my own, but either way, thought I'd share.

Thanks guys!

Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Strange request for some help, but very cool...

Post by Lone Ranger »

That is really cool! I would think the family would be excited to see that info. I'm gonna check out your build thread right now.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
ok68crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by ok68crewcab »

Great story. Keep us posted on how your search works out.
2 Blessed 2 Be Stressed
JB5587

Post by JB5587 »

Thanks guys. I will update this when I get more info (and also when I finally get the truck build going).