whats with chevy dudes?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

whats with chevy dudes?

Post by Craigerf100 »

Ok so I was at a car show Saturday and a fella pulled into a spot witha nice model T roadster. I got to talking to him about it and when he got to the engine he said it was a 454 chevy motor. I kinda smiled and said. "a chevy motor in a ford?"

he replied with a loud over Zealous laugh and said "only way to make a ford run!" he looked around for some support in his comment and got none.

Needless to say my smile was long gone. I thought for a second, then said "I don't know, it looks to me like that 9inch FORD rear end seams to be making your ford run."

he said well yeah im gonna get a 5 bolt to put under there.... mid sentence I walked away.

Why are chevy people like this? Rude?
I mean I personally dont like seeing to much of other brand domestic parts in our fords; but to each there own.
ive had many experiences with chevy people being pricks about ford vs. chevy.
Why are chevy people like this?
1964 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
1968 F-100 Short Bed
1967 Fairlane 500 Convertable
1967 Fairlane GT/A 289ci SOLD
1950 F-1 Original 239ci Flat Head V8 SOLD
1995 f-150 4x4 Swb 4.9L 5-speed FORSALE

My Build: :fr: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
Alstoyz
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: whats with chevy dudes?

Post by Alstoyz »

AMEN BROTHER!!! My guess is, they're trying to make themselves feel better about their choice in brand loyalty by making us feel bad about ours.?. I call it, "THE LITTLE MAN SYNDROME"... :lol:

:fr:
1970 F-100 SWB Tubbed
1971 F-350 4X4 (traded for 71 crewcab)
1971 F-250 Crew-Cab Dually
1972 F-100 SWB 4X4
1972 F-350 Crew-Cab 4X4 Dually
2001 F-350 Crew-Cab Short Bed 4X4 Dually
68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68 Ford Stepside »

I have been heavy into cars & trucks for over fifty years. That is quite a while. I don't go to car shows looking to get in a pissing match with the owners of other brands. Guy wants to run a 454 in his '23 T. That's find with me. He built it or he spent a lot of money having it built. Life is simple, why make it difficult. Have A Great Ford Day! :)
"Have A Great Ford Day"
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

I've got a friend at my church with a '34 Ford coupe that was his father's. He's got a built chebbie 350 in it. He rags me all the time about my project taking so long. "If you'd put a Chevy 350 in it, it'd be running by now." And I give him crap about the half breed he drives. All in good fun :lol: . It really is a nice '34. :thup:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

It is just not worth it...

Why bother to ask about it, apparently he thought it was a good idea and by asking about it he has no choice but to defend it...

Live and let live.... or Ruin and not Ruin as the case may be...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

The influx of Pricks and the "Me First" generation is on the rise...I just look forward to the Zombie Apocolypse!!!! :)
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

I love all pre 75 cars/trucks, if it's a chevy, keep it a chevy. If it's a Ford, keep it a Ford. When there mismatched I don't give the owner the impression I don't like the motor, why start a war. Instead I'd rather concentrate on any other mods that have been done.
The only time I was Furious :cuss: :x as hell was at an all ford show and the best motor trophy went to a 56 Ford F100 with a chevy motor.
That did not sit well with a lot of people, we voiced are opinion and got heard. They won't recognize a chevy motor at the all Ford show again.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
Whateverman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Whateverman »

ford vs chevy / chevy vs ford, too me it just sounds like he's keeping up with the tradition of giving the other guy a hard time about his brand of choice after being challenged on it by yourself... but whatever,they can be pretty bloody ignorant about it sometimes
- still got my first first car 20+yrs later : 69 f100 sorta kinda pretending its a Mercury M100 w/a 70 f350 sport custom cab (factory buckets) 67 grille with 69 ranger cooneyes 68 merc box and hood,some supercool fiberglass fenders i scored way back when, 76 f150 disc brake frontend..currently running a 90 5.0HO 4bbl/c4 auto & 3.50 posi...originally a 360/c6 f100 Ranger with dealer added towpack (incl. kelsey hays trailer brake),boxside toolbox,behind the seat stowage & belly tank...only original parts left on 'er are the frame,rear end,rear springs,and rear bumper...
tbone6
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tbone6 »

DuckRyder wrote:Why bother to ask about it, apparently he thought it was a good idea and by asking about it he has no choice but to defend it...
:yt:
t6
1972 F100
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I've got a good friend at work who has a 75 Chevy pickup. He knows I have a 69 Ford. We tease each other all the time, but it's all in good fun. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

The other day, I was driving my '69 Ranger out on the highway, minding my own business. A number of people waved/pointed as I passed by. In one incidence though, I was meeting a white (well, what paint was left on it), raggedy, early '90s Chevy pickup with a dude behind the wheel that looked to be in his early 20s. He proceded to flip me the bird as we met. I returned the favor with two birds up high. ...what a douche. My 44-year old truck was in way better shape than his '90s piece of crap.

I just smiled at the fact that in the not too distant future, his truck would likely wind up in the wrecking yard, crushed, melted down and then turned into a bumper bracket for an old Ford pickup. :wink:
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by elgemcdlf »

I know what you mean by the attitude. I see it in the driving style. As a general rule it will be a GM driver that cuts you off, etc. When it comes to cars personally I could care less how you choose to spend your money. It is your car do with it as you see fit. I put a 318 with a 904 & a 9" out back under a '37 Chevrolet SWB pickup. It is what I had at the time. My truck is all Ford only because it worked out that way not because I had some burning passion to keep it all Ford. The original plan was MII style IFS with a Jag IRS. It will end up with a steering wheel patterned after the '66 Toronado. I like it.

I blow my friends BS about their choices just like they do me about mine. We are not talking about people that are friends though. Everyone loves to talk about their cars. I say let them talk. Let them have their moment. I listened to a guy with a F1 (Chevrolet powered) talk about people who buy cars done or pay people to build for them. I pointed out sometimes people have no choice. What is important is the hobby continues. I could have become him & started biting on folks that put Chevrolet engines into Fords but I let it go.
fbomb100
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by fbomb100 »

Craigerf100 wrote:Ok so I was at a car show Saturday and a fella pulled into a spot witha nice model T roadster. I got to talking to him about it and when he got to the engine he said it was a 454 chevy motor. I kinda smiled and said. "a chevy motor in a ford?"

he replied with a loud over Zealous laugh and said "only way to make a ford run!" he looked around for some support in his comment and got none.

Needless to say my smile was long gone. I thought for a second, then said "I don't know, it looks to me like that 9inch FORD rear end seams to be making your ford run."

he said well yeah im gonna get a 5 bolt to put under there.... mid sentence I walked away.

Why are chevy people like this? Rude?
I mean I personally dont like seeing to much of other brand domestic parts in our fords; but to each there own.
ive had many experiences with chevy people being pricks about ford vs. chevy.
Why are chevy people like this?
its not that chevy guys act like that( as all don't) its just the ones like him that can't build any other motor But a chevy!!!
there are ford men that do this too ,and the mopar boys,and the olds boys and Pontiac boys ,,etc
its just there pick of a brand and like what the Mopar boys say...MOPAR OR NOCAR!!!
I build Fords, mopars, chevys I like them all but the rice crap but I still give them respect for what they do do to there motors,but there not my taste!!!
Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Craigerf100 »

I agree with all of you, im more of a keep a chevy a chevy and a ford a ford. Same with dodge. Cause I'm not bios, I love all classics. I mean my sisters 1950 f1 has a 5 bolt chevy rear axle under it. That's not how she wanted it but its what was under it when she bought it. Hell I've never been a camero guy till GM came out with there new one a few years back.

No I know that all chevy guys aren't like this, one of my best buds a chevy man. The sh*t we give each other is all in good fun. We appreciate the other mans brand for our own reasons.

Though annoyed there was a chevy motor sitting in my be loved domestic brand ford. I was curious to know why he chose a 454 chevy. He didn't have to get pissy.

One of my other replies to chevy lovers who get a little lippy is to mention that GMC couldn't even stay in business with out the help of uncle Sam... Well really it was china but we wont get into that. It really fires them up. And they never have a rebuttal that doesn't entail a curse word or 2.

I think its fare to say that from all of us here who are loyal ford men and woman that we all run into more lippy chevy lovers then ford lover that we know or are friends with. Am I right?
1964 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
1968 F-100 Short Bed
1967 Fairlane 500 Convertable
1967 Fairlane GT/A 289ci SOLD
1950 F-1 Original 239ci Flat Head V8 SOLD
1995 f-150 4x4 Swb 4.9L 5-speed FORSALE

My Build: :fr: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

Each vehicle brand has its fans. Some like the sound a particular engine makes. Chevy and Ford make different sounds. Let them be and enjoy, life is way to short!!!