headlight harness upgrade thread update

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Bill W

headlight harness upgrade thread update

Post by Bill W »

As some of you may know Paul Murphy (390nut) on this forum had started a thread selling the harness again.(I bought one) Well Paul has been missing from the forum for almost 5 weeks now and i have tried and tried to get a hold of him with no responce. today i called the Fife Washington Police dept to see if they could do a welfare check for me to make sure paul was okay. Turns out he is just fine, but he told the police he was not using this forum any more Now, there were a lot of guys here that paid him 65 bucks to make us headlight upgrade harness's and he has yet to produce a product. Oh, he no longer own's his 69 ford truck as the lady told me that license plate number had been transferd to someone else. but! because the guy has a photobucket account i was able to get his motor cycle plate number which they were able to track him down with.

the local Fife Washington police dept told me if i make a report with my local dept they can investigate it as a fruad case now he took money from more than 10 people on this forum and.... well.... he took money from the wrong guy (ME). after speaking with FIFE PD i called and filed a complaint with my local PD. There is Nothing i hate worse than a thief. to that i say sleep well Paul, We the people of this forum u took money from and never produced a product are hard on the case.

with that said, i would like to provide any one else who Paul stole money from with the info i have gathered. i know there has to be about 15 ppl on the list

Belive me, i sell products over forums just like this one and with as many members who said paul was a good guy i am shocked that this has turned out this way.

Bill W

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 11&t=58887
Andy Man

Re: headlight harness upgrade thread update

Post by Andy Man »

I am shocked! Is this for real? The guy is actually a scumbag? Well I am hoping that there is another side to this, but, 390Nut is MIA. He got a Postal Money Order from me. Is that wire fraud? I'm still wondering if the $65.00 is worth the effort of going after him. I guess I'm not pissed off enough yet. One thing is for sure, I'll think more than twice before buying anything from any forum member anywhere...Thanks Paul Murphy...

What abput the (ScreaminZ) memorial fund ? Now that would be really sad...
woods
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by woods »

This can be really difficult. Most of the time I end up being told "this is a civil matter" even when many times it's not.
woods
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by woods »

Oh...and btw. For those of you who want this and did not get it. I would be alright with building a few and sending them out to anyone who was stiffed. I just hate to see that happen and would do it at no charge so you guys will get what you paid for (even if it's from a different guy).
forrestbump
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by forrestbump »

I'm not involved in anyway with this dispute so no axe to grind either way. If it does turn out that Paul is walking away from his obligation, he'll have to live with the consequences of his decision for the rest of his life...such a shame.

But why I'm posting is to give credit to Woods for stepping up to the plate to calm the masses while there's a lynch mob forming.

Woods, your offer is one of the most generous things anyone could do...kudos to you and your morals sir!
1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Sky View Blue, Ranger XLT

1970, 2WD, F-250, C/S, A/C, Dual Tanks, 390 FE (again, of course), C6, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Dana 60 3.73, Wimbledon White & Sky View Blue, Ranger (almost twin brothers!)

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do" - Henry Ford

Larry
Andy Man

Post by Andy Man »

Woods...thanks for the offer, but, I will not take advantage of your generosity. If I got ripped off, I'll live with it...
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

before starting a complaint as such did anyone send him a pm. and then him either read it or not? send him a written letter to his address. or start a paypal dispute? mayeb the not coming to the site. just meant that he hadnt been back in a while for one reason or another. all avenues should be exporered before going hog wild. had anyone sent the site owner a question about contacting 390 nut? the last i heard he was going through a divorce. had to move and pack his stuff in storage. and he needed money to help out with his divorce. of course i have been sitting here in absolute depression four the last month obver nothing. i found out yesterday i could have went on with my plans and not had to waste a month worring to death. now i have lost and entire month. i myself am not involved in this one way or another. but i hate to see stuff like this happen. they always say that communication skills are the best thing in life to have. i never understood that sentance. but i do now. it means that you should communicate to the other party. your wife your parents. your dog for shittign on the floor. after all of that has failed then you take action. i have seen in another thread where other comments were made. good luck to 390nut and everyone who is affected. it will all work out with no problems i am sure.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

I sent him MANY PM's i sent him MANY E-mails with no answers, weeks now i have asked him to give us an update... nothin!

I asked one of the Mods to try to contact him Thunderfoot? or something like that, he said in the thread he got no answer!

I just had a bad feeling about this and today i had to make the call. i mean, i tried and tried and tried to get Paul to contact me

at first i was worried that something happend to him,(read the post) last weekend i even checked the Obits for fife! i had to do something!

when the Fife PD called me back today and said he was fine and no longer posting to this forum i was pissed! How Dare him take from others and leave us high and dry. :x

all true.
Last edited by Bill W on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

Fordman, Who has his Address?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have no idea who has his address. i figure whoever mailed him money. paypal may be able to help if the money was sent that way.

what did the police mean by he wasnt posting on the forum anymore. was it he wasnt going to. or he just hadnt? that is my question.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

I checked my paypal, you can not file a complaint after 45 days. its been more than 45 days.

the lady at the fife pd told me he was not posting to this forum anymore.

she also told me (when i gave her his Plate number for his 69) that it had been transfrd to a smith name recently lucky for him (no lucky for me) he posted a pic of his Motorcycle plate number and they were able to find him that way.

Andy sent him a postal money order and he sent me his address.

Man, i wish none of this is true! but, it is.
Last edited by Bill W on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calfdemon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Calfdemon »

As someone who has bought from Paul in the past (three times), this completely surprises me. But, I was involved in the past thread and actually gave Paul an endorsement to those of you who were purchasing from him this time around. And I have been reading for the past several weeks as everyone HAS been trying to contact him both with PMs, Emails, and phone calls. So the obvious next step was the welfare check which is what has now happened.

If he told the police he no longer uses this forum and has sold his truck, then he obviously used this forum to make a final collection and then chose to not return. As someone else pointed out, he even used the death of a fellow member to collect money towards the memorial fund and took bids on the harness that ScreaminZ had purchased to supposedly raise money for his widow. If he did this with the intent to take the money and run in a final last grab, then he deserves more than he faces!

The way I look at it is this... He has now been contacted (by police) and made well aware that people of this website were looking for him. He chose to give the response he did. Maybe it was misinterpreted, maybe it wasnt. But he can easily come back, explain what happened, and make good on his obligations. Or he can choose to stay away and then deal with the consequences that follow.

I would hate for it to be the way it now looks, especially since I gave him an endorsement, but if thats how it is, then he deserves to be dealt with. If it is a misunderstanding, then he can come on here and make it right.

But as someone who has been following this from the beginning, the proper steps were taken in the proper order. There is no question that you did the right thing at the right time, and with the response he chose to give, filing a criminal complaint is the proper next step.
-Rich

Current toys -
69 Ford F350 Crew Cab - 460 / C6 - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... lqgskp.jpg
31 Ford Vicky - 1955 270 Red Ram Hemi / 4 speed - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bsibvn.jpg

Former toys -
67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible (sold 9/13) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bird-1.jpg
67 Ford Fairlane GT - 390 / 4 speed (sold 7/15) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... c5hu8z.jpg
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

Calfdemon wrote:As someone who has bought from Paul in the past (three times), this completely surprises me. But, I was involved in the past thread and actually gave Paul an endorsement to those of you who were purchasing from him this time around. And I have been reading for the past several weeks as everyone HAS been trying to contact him both with PMs, Emails, and phone calls. So the obvious next step was the welfare check which is what has now happened.

If he told the police he no longer uses this forum and has sold his truck, then he obviously used this forum to make a final collection and then chose to not return. As someone else pointed out, he even used the death of a fellow member to collect money towards the memorial fund and took bids on the harness that ScreaminZ had purchased to supposedly raise money for his widow. If he did this with the intent to take the money and run in a final last grab, then he deserves more than he faces!

The way I look at it is this... He has now been contacted (by police) and made well aware that people of this website were looking for him. He chose to give the response he did. Maybe it was misinterpreted, maybe it wasnt. But he can easily come back, explain what happened, and make good on his obligations. Or he can choose to stay away and then deal with the consequences that follow.

I would hate for it to be the way it now looks, especially since I gave him an endorsement, but if thats how it is, then he deserves to be dealt with. If it is a misunderstanding, then he can come on here and make it right.

But as someone who has been following this from the beginning, the proper steps were taken in the proper order. There is no question that you did the right thing at the right time, and with the response he chose to give, filing a criminal complaint is the proper next step.

Thankyou, as someone who was told about this forum by Ezernut i had thought something happend to Paul before i thought he up and split.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

kind of strange that no Mods have posted to this
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

My (unassociated with Fordification.com) personal opinion is this is a train wreck that's been in progress for a while. Threads from the last go around had him vanish for a while, appologise for not coming around, personal issues and all that for excuses. A simple edict that I live by is never accept money until the item is ready to ship.

That he hasn't been logged on since July 6th may be seen as a sign but he could be trolling without logging in. From the police report it sounds like he doesn't plan on coming back. To Bill W, good job on hunting him down, I hope he comes back into the fold to either refund the money or deliver the parts. If not, hammer him to the wall...

Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.