What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by rwilly »

Put on a canopy that I got from Craigslist. Its in good shape, doesn't appear to leak too badly. I think the gold stripes would look good painted to match my truck.
20161120_221451810_iOS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

ok68crewcab wrote:With the leaves falling I cut up a magnetic door sign to make some vent covers. Just lay them over the cowl vents and the leaves won't be coming into the cab. Since they are magnetic they stay in place even on windy days. Easy to remove when I'm ready to go for a drive.
vent-covers.JPG
:clap: great idea. going to have to borrow that one!
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

rwilly wrote:Put on a canopy that I got from Craigslist. Its in good shape, doesn't appear to leak too badly. I think the gold stripes would look good painted to match my truck.
great find!
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
68FORDJBM
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 68FORDJBM »

Wow! That was a mouthful. I just washed mine:) You did remind me that I have a washer pump I need to install. Also, an new temperature sender and temp gauge.
fonfixer

Post by fonfixer »

Ok it only took 9 months of getting around to it, but I finally got the AM radio from my truck figured out. The truck sat for about ten years and in those ten years the radio just died. I found the schematics online, had to repair a signal generator (1950's era with vacuum tubes) and remember how to work an oscilloscope. After chasing voltage through the radio ruling out the likely components, I had to rethink my process. I started from the speak working backwards. I found one transistor that had shorted out causing high current draw of 2 amps. Now I need a 50 year old transistor or equivalent and this radio should come back to life! Down side of things, today is Thanksgiving and everything will be closed. Guess I should mention that I did radio repair in the military for eight years on Vietnam era equipment. These radios aren't to far away from them in design and operation.
1967 F100 swb 240 single barrel, manuel choke, three on the tree, style side
1967 F100 swb 240 single barrel, manuel choke, three on the tree, flare side
2011 F150 Crewcab Lariet w/Ecoboost (runs like a scalded dog!)
2019 Transit
My427stang
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by My427stang »

1000 cfm HP series Holley to replace the 850 double pumper which replaced the 750 vac sec :)

Why? Had all three, wanted to compare and dial them in to sell. Going to go EFI soon. All the carbs ran great, but it really liked the 850 for raw power and the 1000 HP vac sec is so close but a little more finesse without the second accel pump (really an 850 vac sec with no choke, Holley just rates it a 1000)

Today going to run the valves, it's a solid lifter build, and get some miles on it this afternoon. Next is swap the Duraspark box for an MSD with a rev limiter, then try to get the 4x4 suspension to squat and hook a little
71 F-100 SB 4x4, 461 FE, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4, 4 speed, 4 inch softride lift, all poly bushings, integral PS, most mods installed since the 80's
70 Mustang Sportsroof 489 FE, EFI, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11s
Engine building by-appointment only--30+ years, specializing in strong street pump gas FEs
cj 69f250

Post by cj 69f250 »

installed my new used tailgate. The one without all the rust holes...Even color matched it pretty well ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grnf100

Post by grnf100 »

The past week and a half. Got ol' girl running again. (after 2 years sitting) Had a broken wire coming into the starter solenoid preventing startup. Added some gas and she purrs once again. Cleaned her up. Wash & wax. Cleaned out the bucket worth of leaves in the cowl. Pulled off some old rusted bed rails. Cleaned up the looks a lot.

Noticed carb is leaking at the front. It is truly amazing how well this truck starts up to be 47 years old. (1970 F100 Longbed) Bump the key, and engine don't even get to turn over before she starts right up!! Next.... Carb rebuild!!
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Since we had a rare sunny 48 degree day here in miserable Ohio I decided to start the old girl up and let it warm up since it hasn't been started for 2 months - readjusted the choke idle speed and hit the saddle tank bolts with some blaster so I can hopefully get them out and replace them with new ones - took some mesurements so I could make a new top plate for my fuel tank switch at work - and last but not least propped up the old school grille guard that I found after 5 months of searching to see how it looked!
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Put a fuel pin and another 366 spring in my pump yesterday. Launched the top hat and spring into the gravel during a mistake and took a couple hours to find all the pieces and get it back together. Took it for a ride and it's still topping out around 2300 rpm. I also tweaked the pressure switches for my trans lock and now it's dropping out of OD when I let off the throttle. Should have just stayed in bed.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
grnf100

Post by grnf100 »

Carb is off! GETTING REBUILT! :D
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Discovered after the downpour we had last night I STILL have a leak on the drivers side somewhere...... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

Warmed it up, took it for short drive, and put about seven gallons of gas in it. The gas gauge is on the fritz again. After all that gas, it barely indicated a quarter tank. Frustrating.... gonna have to install that 72-80 Scout tank sooner than later.
70 F100 LB 2WD, 360FE, E-Street EFI, TKO-500, 76K original miles.. follow my rebuild: The Lo-Buck Bumpside
71 F250 LB, 2WD, 360FE, T18, PS, PB, D60 with 4.11s
73 F100 SB 4WD, 390FE, NP435, +4 on 35s

01 Ferrari 360 Spider F1
01 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD
01 PT Cruiser Limited (DD)
68 Mustang
65 Mustang
Rocket Doctor

Post by Rocket Doctor »

Waded through the hip-high snow to look longingly at my recently inherited 67 F100 4X4 that Dad bought new.
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Rocket Doctor wrote:Waded through the hip-high snow to look longingly at my recently inherited 67 F100 4X4 that Dad bought new.
:thup:

I pulled the front wheel and drove to the gas station to re-inflate the tire after finding it dead flat. Funny thing - the cap was missing from the valve stem and it seems to be holding air just fine at the moment... :x
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.