What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

grnf100

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by grnf100 »

Even the radio knows it is in a CLASSIC.... :lol:
Lone Ranger wrote:Radio and new speakers installed!
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Froze my ass off putting in 2 shims in the passenger side front cab mount that I somehow forgot when I put it back together on Wed......... :doh:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
MadJoe

Post by MadJoe »

I finally got around to cleaning my carburetor and realized what a dummy I am for not doing it sooner. Just the simple act of spraying a little cleaner into the carb brought the idle down, and improved throttle response. It also reduced the noise from idle dramatically. It was crazy how loud it got simply by opening the passenger side door while idling, and now it barely makes a difference in in-cab noise. Night and day difference. Then, when I was still in amazement from that and enjoying my new, lower smoother idle, I thought I'd toss a little Seafoam in the crankcase. As I was pouring it in, it smoothed out even more! I think I put about 2oz or 3oz's in there total. What a difference!
1971 F-350 DRW SWB Stake Body
360 FE
C6 transmission
OEM disc brakes
OEM power steering
Dana 70 4.10 rear end
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

I thought about my truck today.....
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

sargentrs wrote:I thought about my truck today.....
That's funny :lol:
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Finally found a seat that wasn't beaten to crap - it's the rear seat from a '89 F350 crew cab (a Canadian model, no less). This will be the first time mine's had a bench seat in it's 46 years. I already scored the seat runners from a bump a few months back. I actually had the choice of two - I went with the blue, as my F350 is Sky View Blue and the other seat was gray. Funny thing - both had dog hair all over them.

Now I have rear sheet metal in the cab, a window and new gasket ready to go in once I finish the last of the welding and bodywork, and an in-cab gas tank with new sender, filler neck/grommet, and all the fuel lines. Getting there :thup:

Ohiotinkerer wrote:Froze my ass off putting in 2 shims in the passenger side front cab mount that I somehow forgot when I put it back together on Wed......... :doh:
You're gonna hate me, but we had to put sunblock on before we hit the wrecking yard... :D
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Jacksdad wrote:
Ohiotinkerer wrote:Froze my ass off putting in 2 shims in the passenger side front cab mount that I somehow forgot when I put it back together on Wed......... :doh:
You're gonna hate me, but we had to put sunblock on before we hit the wrecking yard... :D

Thanks.......especially since we are gonna get 2-4 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow....... :cry:

I f@@king hate Ohio......... Can't wait to retire to my property in Tennessee........... :D

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

We're thinking of giving up on the great weather we have here in SoCal for some space - most likely in Oregon if all goes according to plan. I tend to think outside the box with my lifestyle choices (owning a dually F350 Bump being one that really seems to rub people the wrong way around here), and sometimes it translates to me not always playing well with others :wink:

It would be nice to have a little distance between us and our neighbors to do what I want sometimes without ruffling too many feathers or finding sh#tty notes on my windshield.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Jacksdad wrote:We're thinking of giving up on the great weather we have here in SoCal for some space - most likely in Oregon if all goes according to plan. I tend to think outside the box with my lifestyle choices (owning a dually F350 Bump being one that really seems to rub people the wrong way around here), and sometimes it translates to me not always playing well with others :wink:

It would be nice to have a little distance between us and our neighbors to do what I want sometimes without ruffling too many feathers or finding sh#tty notes on my windshield.
You should put a big diesel in your truck and roll some coal around those neighbors. :evil: If I was getting notes on my truck I'd start to find ways to push their buttons.
Kyle
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Jacksdad wrote:We're thinking of giving up on the great weather we have here in SoCal for some space - most likely in Oregon if all goes according to plan. I tend to think outside the box with my lifestyle choices (owning a dually F350 Bump being one that really seems to rub people the wrong way around here), and sometimes it translates to me not always playing well with others :wink:

I guess it does snow in SoCal..........and I've heard they are special snowflakes at that........ :evil:

I would have a great time there.....I drive a gas guzzler bump, love guns and have a CCW, wear camo.....and love the reactions I get when I go to the big city........I live to irritate intolerant people...... :thup:

And just to add to the fun......just now scored this on eBay...... 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ohiotinkerer on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

I like it :lol:

I pretty much know who posts notes - so I make a point of doing the things that piss them off even more when they give me grief. A large blue and white finger in the air parked right across from their property works wonders for getting the message across :D

The notes I can deal with - I've had my vehicle vandalized before though, and that really pisses me off. The thing is, only two vehicles I could find in my neighborhood were targeted - and they were both bumps. One of my neighbors has a '70 F100 that had the windshield wiper mangled beyond repair the same night mine was practically torn off.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Jacksdad wrote:I like it :lol:

I pretty much know who posts notes - so I make a point of doing the things that piss them off even more when they give me grief. A large blue and white finger in the air parked right across from their property works wonders for getting the message across :D

The notes I can deal with - I've had my vehicle vandalized before though, and that really pisses me off. The thing is, only two vehicles I could find in my neighborhood were targeted - and they were both bumps. One of my neighbors has a '70 F100 that had the windshield wiper mangled beyond repair the same night mine was practically torn off.

I can see your next "what did you do to your bump today" post...........I used it to flatten the neighbors Prius........ :D

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

If there is a war against bumps I will join the revolution to keep them on the road! :evil:
Kyle
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Didn't get the chance to put the bump runners on it yet, but I pulled the buckets and dropped in my new bench seat to see how it looks. Being a crew cab rear seat, it's seen a lot less use and the padding is like new. I'm sitting so much higher now :eek:

Color is perfect, and I snagged the center seat belts too. Hopefully I can switch out the runners and mount it properly at the weekend. It's already a lot quieter in the cab with the seat back blocking a lot of the exhaust noise (I have a short two into one system with a pretty loud Summit Racing muffler and turndown). Only trouble is, now I can hear all the other squeaks and rattles :(

Seats 9.jpg
Bench seat.jpg
Lone Ranger wrote:If there is a war against bumps I will join the revolution to keep them on the road! :evil:

:yt:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Jacksdad you have come such a long ways your cab turned out great! Those bucket seats are very cool I know you will never have trouble finding them a new home.
Kyle