No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by rwilly »

Wouldn't you know it.

The front end is out of a 1972, not a 68. So not going to be putting it together this weekend. The truck is a mish-mash of parts. Its titled as a 68.
Trying to do tie rods.
IMG_0119.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

That sounds like normal for these old trucks. Never know what you'll find on them. :x
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by rwilly »

Maybe I can replace the whole thing as a unit using the different style rods? I will let ya know.
duaneo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by duaneo »

Let's see... pulled the 2100 carb, disassembled, and ordered a rebuild kit, changed out the break-in oil and filter, picked up a pertronix kit, glued the door weatherstrip in place.

up next: adjust the instrumentation voltage so the gas gauge reads right. Clean the carb bits. Rebuild the carb. Vacuum tune the engine/carb. Install the pertronix. Take the truck camping, driving several hundred miles. Wish me luck! :)

Duane
1971 F100 - Ugly on the outside, but purty under the hood...
1968 Chevrolet Impala - Family car since 1970, My car since I was 16, in need of bodywork/paint, but otherwise straight.
2004 Mini Cooper S - Daily driver and grown up go-kart
rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by rwilly »

Put the tie rods on the 68 and it all seems to be working fine.
I also bought a set of wheels/tires for the 69 F350. I wanted one piece wheels but these came as a set. They should work out better than the light truck tires I have on there now. Last time I drove it one of the steer tires separated and almost blew apart on the way back from the gravel pit.
rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by rwilly »

I cant be the only one fussing around with their bump.

I skipped out on work today, went to the junkyard and got a striker bolt for the drivers side door on the 68, it shuts nice and tight and doesn't rattle going down the road. I also got a pair of fender marker lights for my 69 F350 dump.

Oddly, the truck I took the parts off of had a recent rebuild to it, it had been rewired, new gas tank sending unit, starting solenoid, dizzy, looked like motor work, the wheels were new, and so were the tires. It was a 68 3/4 ton. The cab had no rust that I could see, a few dings but it would make a great replacement cab.
rwilly
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by rwilly »

Put the newer wheels/tires on the front of my 69 to replace the one that separated last time I drove it. Pulled the fuel tank out of my 68 because it appears to be leaking along the bottom seam. Now I need to find a replacement. I think I am going to try and find a good cab and totally restore my 69. It came with the dumpbed originally and the cab was painted Empire Yellow (not the most popular color!), but I think I want to do it right and do all of it.
71StylesideF100

Post by 71StylesideF100 »

I painted my rims today, color matched them with the rattle can of boxwood green the wife got me for Father's day. I also pickup up some new hub caps on ebday for $17 and gave em a good cleaning.

71' F100 LWB Sport Custom 360 / Auto Boxwood Green
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

BOXWOOD ROCKS :woohoo:
Aurelio Landeros

Post by Aurelio Landeros »

today i went and took pictures of my engine and brake drums to see what I'm missing. i also started prepping it for paint.
Aurelio Landeros
1970 f100 240 I6 3.9L 1bl carb 4 speed light duty
eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by eggman918 »

Yesterday I built and installed a scoop on the Beasts snorkel,last week i put a Donaldson filter minder on my intake system and found that with a new filter it was pulling well over 25" H2o vacuum and tracked the restriction to the snorkel's hat so I decided to do a scoop I've seen them on a lot of the OTR semis so thought I would give it a try.It was a great success dropped intake vacuum to 10" and increased WOT boost by 2 to 3 psi at highway speeds :thup:
I wouldn't call it sexy but neither is the Beast but it sure is functional.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?
SoCalRefuge

Post by SoCalRefuge »

The engine builder put in 8 new push rods so the new 390 now runs right (a story in it self).
Removed the egg beater fan and installed an electric that with a shroud will be a good deal.
Painted and installed the horns that now work for the first time in my life, and diagnosed the problem with the radio power.

Now if I can keep from buying that Ranchero I have been looking at... :oops:
SoCalRefuge
~67 F250 390~
fordhillbilly

Post by fordhillbilly »

Hey first post! Just welded up slots and holes in dash for dash pad delete and had all the snap holes around back window from a pass through camper. Pulled and welded all holes, now on to filling and sanding.
1969 f250 4x4 390ci
2000 f250 4x4 7.3l
ok68crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by ok68crewcab »

First time in quite a while that I had a chance to do anything to the F350. Installed a trailer wiring plug today. Wiring diagrams from FORDification.com came in handy for identification of wire colors.
2 Blessed 2 Be Stressed
SoCalRefuge

Post by SoCalRefuge »

I finally found a window tinter in the area and the truck got some dark 'glasses.' Window tinting doesnt happen on every street corner in the midwest like it did in SoCal. Tomorrow morning I will finish the electric fan install.
SoCalRefuge
~67 F250 390~