What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by jimmy828 »

Cleaned/prepped and painted sunvisors Dupli Color flat black then installed them. Looks great. Also prepped and primed the headliner trim for new paint. Think i'm going to try the Dupli Color chrome on trim.
hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by hedz »

duaneo wrote:Discovered that the mice in my cab, also set up shop on top of the instrument cluster. Pulled the cluster, disassembled it, cleaned it. Discovered that the mouse urine corroded the metal fascia inside the instrument cluster. Stripped and painted THAT too. Ordered a new circuit sheet for the back of the cluster, new bulb sockets, and a set of LED bulbs for the instrument cluster. Installed 2" voltage, oil pressure and water temp gauges under the dash.

Duane
i've been trying to get rid of mice urine odor too. i've scrubbed interior sheet metal down with bleach, used open bags of charcoal, filled a pump sprayer with vinegar and sprayed, ran a ionizer on with the windows up, and now have everything covered in dryer sheets. good luck

today i chopped out busted spare tire carrier on the f250. siphoned full tank of gas from primary tank into 2ndary tank to keep the f250 driving and parked the f100 so i can replace mc again and tear into engine again. vacuum bleeding mc this time. removed the shift indicator on the f250. rebuilding shift indicator with patience and super glue. and before all of that helped a friend remount a door on a 98 jeep granada. AVOID 98 JEEP GRANADAS worst door hinges EVER. i'd rather do a door on a centurion :pout:
duaneo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by duaneo »

I did a bunch of stuff today towards getting it started:

Make sure motor mounts are tight
tighten up bolts on the bell housing
hook up the exhaust on the driver side
install the starter
hook up the evap vent hose
check out the fuel appearance/level in the tank.
Flush the radiator
fill coolant, oil, PS pump
rent oil pump primer
Install passenger door seal and threshold

oh yeah, and I broke two of my spark plugs taking them out for the priming/cranking. Brand new too!

So few things to be done before we get this motor runnin!

Cheers,
Duane
1971 F100 - Ugly on the outside, but purty under the hood...
1968 Chevrolet Impala - Family car since 1970, My car since I was 16, in need of bodywork/paint, but otherwise straight.
2004 Mini Cooper S - Daily driver and grown up go-kart
Rich100

Post by Rich100 »

Today I installed a sound deadener too both doors, installed new window kits, reinstalled the glass and reinstalled the interior door panels. Doors are finished, now comes the carpet. I am thinking about making my own. A project for another day.
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

'Messed around with my 71 F250. Discovered that the choke is misadjusted when cold and doesn't open all the way when warm/hot. 'got it to idle at 800 RPM and timed at 6° BTDC. Ran out of light so tomorrow is another day.

At least the accelerator pump does't spray fuel all over the place since tightening the cap. I do believe a carb rebuild is in my future... but I may just pull out the spare Autolite 2100 and see how it runs on it.
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

Pressed the kingpin bushings in my '77 F-100 disc brake spindles that will be going on my '69 F-100.

I made several calls, locally, only to be told no one has the equipment (piloted reamer) to ream the bushings. I called a machine shop in a nearby town, talked to the owner, he checked and had the reamer. I asked how much he would charge to ream the bushings and he said he would let me borrow reamer! Yeah!!

The temperature is supposed to only be in the mid-70s here this weekend so, I should be able to start putting the 'new' disc brake front end under my truck. :thup:
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
duaneo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by duaneo »

My main tank has gas that's at least 5 years old. Today I transferred about 5 gallons of it to the saddle tank (which I'm not planning on using - 3+ years old.) Once the saddle tank was full, I transferred another 5 gallons of it to a plastic bucket, and another 1-2 gallons to ANOTHER plastic bucket. Clearly one of my first trips is going to be hazardous waste disposal with that gas. It's too bad they want it in containers, I could start a syphon on the saddle tank until it's empty. :(

NOW I can make a couple of trips to the gas station with my puny 2gal gas can to get some fresh gas for starting it! YAY!

There are very few steps left between here and it's first time on the road in over three years! :woohoo:

Cheers,
Duane
1971 F100 - Ugly on the outside, but purty under the hood...
1968 Chevrolet Impala - Family car since 1970, My car since I was 16, in need of bodywork/paint, but otherwise straight.
2004 Mini Cooper S - Daily driver and grown up go-kart
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

prepping my hood for paint. That guide coat when blocking sure will tell some flaws! Back to the paint store to purchase more Evercoat putty :cry:
Damon23

Post by Damon23 »

Polishing hub caps and painting wheels. Soaked all the hardware so I can try to tackle the new front springs this week.
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

Fabbed up a bracket to secure the pre-filter and the hi-pressure fuel pump for the Edelbrock E-Street EFI. The bracket is bolted and Nylocked to some "reinforcements" the PO installed. Yes, the pump's flow is pointing to the rear because the line is gonna run long for now until the rear tank is installed. Per Edelbrock's instructions, the pump is within 36 inches of the fuel tank (in-cab). The fuel line loops across the rear crossmember and then inside the passenger frame rail to the other filter, and then to the engine compartment.

I'll finish it up the fuel system tomorrow and then run the pump harness and neaten up other electrical stuff.
70 F100 LB 2WD, 360FE, E-Street EFI, TKO-500, 76K original miles.. follow my rebuild: The Lo-Buck Bumpside
71 F250 LB, 2WD, 360FE, T18, PS, PB, D60 with 4.11s
73 F100 SB 4WD, 390FE, NP435, +4 on 35s

01 Ferrari 360 Spider F1
01 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD
01 PT Cruiser Limited (DD)
68 Mustang
65 Mustang
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

I got the the kingpins, polyurethane pivot and radius arm bushings installed and got both I-beams/spindles, drag-link, Moog CC808 progressive rate front coil springs and the drivers side splash shield and rotor installed on my '69 short bed Ranger.

This was during some of the install from earlier today.

Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

Copper67440

Post by Copper67440 »

Needed to replace my cracked exhaust manifold(240 6cyl), and the valve seals so I pulled the cylinder head and manifolds. Water pump will be replaced too. It peed a little so I'm gonna replace it. Should have it done in the next few days. Then it'll be time to put it up for the winter. It's a sad time of year
Henry helped pay for it all.
hedz
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by hedz »

got 6 used tires rotated and balanced for about $150 for the f250. 4 of them load rated. 2 from a police interceptor. 1 tire needs seem sealer. pulled it off and put another on. installed inner bed tire mounts on f250. lost part of the locking system. doh! installed used reese drop hitch on f250. dropped primary tank because i kinked the breather line after installing new fuel pump. fixed that so pumping gas doesn't spill on my feet. 2ndary tank pump just failed. time to change that. every single oreillys part on the f100 has now failed. lost the front wheel cylinders last night and almost had a wreck traveling down a steep hill AGAIN. so all 4 oreillys cylinders have failed. have the f100 on jack stands. buying vacuum bleeding pump and wheel cylinders and doing the darn things myself tomorrow weather and god willing. helped my friend build accell wires for his 69? cutlass 455. donated some numbers and my shiny wire looms that were on the f100 to make his engine look spiffy. war eagle :D
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

This.

Steve

Damon23

Post by Damon23 »

Installed new front shocks. I compressed the old ones about 4 hours ago and they still have not rebounded. I installed the CC808's and now the drivers side sits up about a inch higher than the passenger side. The new springs were the same size side by side. The old ones have a difference. Looks like the drivers side is shorter. I think I know what I did wrong and not rotate the spring until it stopped. It is easy enough to loosen up so I'll deal with it tomorrow. Still did not level out the bed, but with the drivers side sitting up higher I cant really look at anything. Going to go ahead and get new rear shocks tomorrow as they look about the same age as the old ones. Found a new issue. Hit the brakes and it pulls very hard to the right so I guess I know what which side wheel cylinder gave up the ghost.