Jack and tire toolS

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Weston67

Jack and tire toolS

Post by Weston67 »

My 67 has a jack clamped on the left fender. It appears that there is also a bracket that may have been used to hold a thin cranking handle. I've seen a number of pictures of trucks with the jack but never the handle and tire iron. What should be there? Any pics?
67 F100 2wd SB Flareside. 240 I6 3 sp column shift. Originally Dept of Agriculture vehicle, now an urban pinestraw hauler.
duaneo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Jack and tire toolS

Post by duaneo »

Weston,

The crank for the jack lives under the seat, and is secured by a couple of plates with wing-nuts. Move your seat all the way forward to see where it lives.

The tire-iron clips under the seat next to the crank.

My tire-iron was missing when I bought the truck (the jack is also missing, lost in my garage somewhere) Strangely I couldn't find a tire-iron at my junkyard. They may squirrel them away to keep folks from breaking glass, who knows? I was able to pick one up at National Parts Depot for a moderate price.

Cheers,
Duane
1971 F100 - Ugly on the outside, but purty under the hood...
1968 Chevrolet Impala - Family car since 1970, My car since I was 16, in need of bodywork/paint, but otherwise straight.
2004 Mini Cooper S - Daily driver and grown up go-kart
duaneo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by duaneo »

Here's a good thread:

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... p?p=385246

Cheers,
Duane
1971 F100 - Ugly on the outside, but purty under the hood...
1968 Chevrolet Impala - Family car since 1970, My car since I was 16, in need of bodywork/paint, but otherwise straight.
2004 Mini Cooper S - Daily driver and grown up go-kart
Weston67

Post by Weston67 »

Interesting. I replaced the original bench with one from a 93 iirc and there surely wasn't anything under there. I also realize now that what I though might be a handle bracket of some sort on the fender is actually the holder for the windshield washer bag!
67 F100 2wd SB Flareside. 240 I6 3 sp column shift. Originally Dept of Agriculture vehicle, now an urban pinestraw hauler.