Fordification Login/PM Problems

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Fordification Login/PM Problems

Post by ultraranger »

Am I the only one or, are there others here that are having issues trying to login to this site? For days, I have tried to login in and not been able to. When I click on the "forgot password," it sends a code and a link to my email to use. When I try to use the code, (and I've gone through this process close to a dozen times now) it doesn't work.

I just happened to try to get on this site today from my laptop and it logged me right in (???). Up until today, that would not work either. --Since I was finally able to get on this site from the laptop (didn't actually have to type in my user name/password. I guess it just finally recognised my I.P. address & logged me in automatically), I also tried logging in from my Iphone. That is a no-go. Since I finally had access through my laptop, I went to the User Control Panel on my laptop to change my password but either I have forgotten what I thought was my password (I did have it written down) or, in the umpteen dozen codes I've received to try and login in previously, something has happened to my previous password and it just gives me an error everytime I try to change it. Without knowing what the current password is, it's impossible to change it to something else.

I have zero access to Fordification from my Iphone and this also means the next time my login (through my laptop) gets bumped off again, I will not be able to log back in for a good while --possibly never (??).

The first sign there was a problem is when, fairly recently, I received several PM's. When I went to make a reply to the individuals, the replies would not be sent back to the individuals. I ended up having to contact the people PM-ing me through my personal email.

I've cleared cookies, history & cache over & over on the Iphone but still zero ability to login from it.

I was just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues with PM's or trying to login to this site?
Last edited by ultraranger on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Fordification Login/PM Problems

Post by sargentrs »

No problems here. Lately I log in from my phone more than from my computer. I'm Android and never have a problem.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

What exactly happens when you try to login and are unsuccessful? Do you get an error message or dns error or what?

Also, what do you mean when you say PMs were not sent to people?

And yes there is all kind of bizzare stuff going on with the forum...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
trick

Post by trick »

yeah it happened to me a while back.(1 1-1/2 months) I notified the moderator, but never got a reply back. so I waited a week or two and tryed agin. finely got back in. no error message at all. Trick