Limit on search?

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

BigFoot

Limit on search?

Post by BigFoot »

I keep on getting this message when I try to search the Forum, "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes."

What gives? This really slows me down in looking for answers to my Questions. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not a Bot, I promise!

Thanks,
J
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Limit on search?

Post by jimmy828 »

it happens to all of us but it's not all that bad. I think it does it because there is too much traffic. It always work a few minutes later. At least that how it goes on my end.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

I gave up on our forum search awhile back when this started. I prefer to use Google search now. Open up another tab and go to Google search. Put in what you're looking for and include...

site:fordification.com

after the search words. It'll give you every instance of those search words on Fordification.com. Then when you click on it, you're already logged in and it goes straight to the topic. Works even better than the forum search used to.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

sargentrs wrote:I gave up on our forum search awhile back when this started. I prefer to use Google search now. Open up another tab and go to Google search. Put in what you're looking for and include...

after the search words. It'll give you every instance of those search words on Fordification.com. Then when you click on it, you're already logged in and it goes straight to the topic. Works even better than the forum search used to.
That's a good idea! :thup:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
BigFoot

Post by BigFoot »

sargentrs wrote:I gave up on our forum search awhile back when this started. I prefer to use Google search now. Open up another tab and go to Google search. Put in what you're looking for and include...

Awesome,
Thanks for the info!
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by JWW »

Thanks, this was a big help when searching. You learn something new everyday.
JWW
1967 F100 Ranger, Auto, 240ci
2004 F150 Crew Cab
My project: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

For even more targeted searching include specific topics in quotes. For example,

"Mustang fuel tank" swap bobbyford site:fordification.com

This will bring up every instance of where the words mustang fuel tank appear side by side and has the word swap or has the word bobbyford in it on Fordification.com. One of your first hits will probably be BobbyFord's Mustang fuel tank swap topic.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.