Fordification frozen this morning?

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

PhantomoftheBumpside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: search problem

Post by PhantomoftheBumpside »

The wait is set in phpBB, prevents overloading the server from excessive database access when tons of people and or bots are active... it could be changed, but it is probably set the way it is because the host was complaining about bandwidth usage...

If you do a search, or check your own posts (also a search), or check active posts (same deal) you can always use your back button to go back to the results cached by your browser (or right click history for further back if you've read a couple pages) this should keep you in results during the short wait for another 'real' or fresh search.
-- ROB --

The collective money pit details...
-On The Road-
1990 * 1FTEE14YZLHA83xxx ..- 138 E142 __ E 18 __ 3P
-Projects-

-Spares-

-Recently Departed-
1997 - 4M2DU55P9VUJ46xxx...- 112 4 22 _ _ 8 D4 U 1F
1997 - Dodge Caravan
1987 - Toyota Tercel Wagon FWD
1978 - Winnebago Brave (Dodge D800FC)
1970 - F10YRJ80xxx ..............- 131 3 F100 D _4 G 02
1968 - F25YRC99xxx .............- 131 E F253 B 81 G C8
1968 - F25YRD69xxx .............- 131 C F254 E 81 A 24
Bummer72

Re: search problem

Post by Bummer72 »

Same here... When I click on the "2" or "next" for the next page, I get jammed with the damn "wait message".....wait for what?
I like this website...I don't want to search other forums for info...but when I need to learn something, I gotta do what I gotta do.....
FWIW, I don't like to search other forums. Please help!
1972 F-100 Ranger XLT SWB
302, 3sp, 3.00
DuckRyder

Re: Fordification frozen this morning?

Post by DuckRyder »

Something is up again...

Can't perform most actions (post, banning spammers, moving, merging, closing, and so forth) with IE...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

I get around it by googling what I'm looking for and include "fordification" after it. It's actually better than the internal search. For example... google search on "hydroboost" "fordification" and you'll get all fordification posts with hydroboost in them. You'll get some others too but you will get the fordification threads, too. Google with quotation marks around it nails it to that specific chain of text, too. That google search yields 10 different posts with the words power steering pump in that exact sequence. I find most threads I'm looking for that way. Never had much luck with the internal search engine. Then you can click on the thread and "back" to the google search for the next one. Just a little personal quirk of mine. :wink:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
patrickdotryan
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by patrickdotryan »

To add on to what Sargentrs says above an even better way to search is to use Google Adavaced as your search engine (I have it as my default).

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

This allows you to use Google to search only one domain (fordification.com), but also to use exact phrases ("fuel line"), OR (size OR diameter), AND, certain date ranges and all kinds of other cool things - all the things that the regular Fordification search doesn't offer. And for the nerds amongst us, Google Advanced just is a neat way to use boolean searches without needing to know the protocols, but when you hit search it just does the boolean search for you in the search box, so you can see what terms it used (size OR diameter "fuel line" site:fordification.com) and you'll learn the shortcuts, which you can then apply to plain old Google or most other search engines. Patrick
1971 F250 Custom
Camper Special
Prairie Yellow
390 (was a 360), C6 Auto, Dana 60
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

MS troubles

Post by bluef250 »

I am having trouble with MS Explorer. Switch to Google Chrome and most problems went away. Getting error message saying too many on server. Any suggestions? Thanks
kf7mjf
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: MS troubles

Post by kf7mjf »

Don't use Explorer. It's kinda like using a Chevy Volt for a race car. Yeah, you might finish the course, but you'll wonder why you even bothered.
1967 F-100 Ranger
DCrusher

Post by DCrusher »

having the same issue it's not just IE it also appears on my IPhone too this is the error

Return to index page

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User fordific4 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
http://www.hottottyscreations.com

55 F-100
57 Oval VW
68 F-100 3" Dropped Axles & Rear Hanger Flip
88 Dodge Ramcharger
97 F-150 Extended Cab 4" 6" Slammed
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

Same message I received, I switched to Chrome and most issues are resolved.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

I've been having problems lately too. I can't start a new topic. I can only post in existing threads. I can't "preview" my posts. In both cases I lose what I'm trying to post. I also can not "edit" my posts.
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Need Computer help

Post by 69Ford »

On my main computer Fordification will not come up. Computer says it can not display webpage. All other web pages work fine. I thought the webpage was
down until I tried my labtop works perfect. Can anyboby help Thanks
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6
Superjunk

Re: Need Computer help

Post by Superjunk »

This was taken from the other site...

You HAVE to delete ALL your FORDification cookies and bookmarks from your browser...then empty your browser history and cache. Close the browser and then restart, and type in http://www.fordification.com into your browser. Once there, reset your bookmark, and log in, making sure to check the box that says "Log me in automatically". You guys shouldn't have any problems after that.

I did it and it fixed the problem..

Hope this helps..
68 F250 390 4 speed 4x4 flatbed dually dump
97 F350 Crewcab 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke auto
91 Bronco Nite edition
79 Bronco 460 c6 1 tons 42s wheelin rig
79 F250 4x4 plow truck

My Supermotors page,http://www.supermotors.net/registry/3845
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Yeah something happened to it this afternoon it seemed like... :(
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

I was having to do this every couple days or I'd lose ability to open posts. Really couldn't keep killing all my sites, so I found this today............. Working well so far. Didn't have to clear anything other the right click here at the site.

Firefox addon here
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
cowbay
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cowbay »

I have the same problem on my ipad where I can not sign on. On my laptop no problem
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer, then it is an electrical problem"

69 Ford F100 Ranger 390 3spd with overdrive
63 Chevy Impala 327 with 4spd. In the family since brand new. Over 280,00 miles