Welp I got a new one

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Welp I got a new one

Post by dbarker »

Whoa, long time no visit my friends - im bad at hanging around long because i start spending more money on my truck.... :D :D :D

SO heres a funny story. I've always had my 68 Custom cab. Grandpa bought it new, dad drove it, I learned to drive in it etc.. and shes been in restoration for years. (we're near the end though) you can see pics from that project HERE https://imgur.com/a/bMxJf.

But back to the funny story - growing up with a 68, I always loved these trucks. And in the town i grew up in, theres one thats just always been there.
Parked at an old service station, turned transmission shop. Still in business i might add. And thats where the story leads... to that shop. I've noticed over the last year or two.. the dust on the truck there was starting to build up. Tags were still up to date, still had transmissions in the back, still had good tires etc... but dust.. more than usual for sure.

Well i happened to mention it to my father a few months ago, and since he knows the owner he made the call. Guy was going to give it to his son, who had recently passed. Hadn't much messed with it since. So we made the 'if you ever decide to sell it.. blah blah call us ok?' spiel.

Fast forward to August, we get a call... 'Well.. I guess i'd sell for about $7000.' sorry, cant go that hi, but we countered with 6 (WAY TOO HIGH!) but he didnt bite. September comes, and well.. I might could do 6 gets mentioned... so we go take a closer look. I point out this, and that and that other thing and whats this blah blah.. come back at 'I'll do $4500 cash'... no deal.

Now its late october... and well... $4700 got it done. SO now ive got a 68 and a 69... but wait.. theres more. It's a 69 Ranger... and its optioned to the max. factory air, vinyl top, chrome bumper on teh rear, bumperets up front, saddle tanks, cargo light, auto trans.. ALL OF IT.

And other than the fact that its been running on propane for 40+years at least.. its 100% original and all parts that were taken off, are still there. All of it.

SO without further delay - say hello to .... well i havnt named her yet :lol:

And heres a small album - only damage is to the passenger hood corner, drivers fender at the cab corner, seat cover and drivers armrest are shot, and the inner fenders have some eat through, drivers side is pretty roached... otherwise - straight and solid. Paint should cleanup nicely too!!!

ALBUMhttps://imgur.com/a/TiwJt
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Welp I got a new one

Post by basketcase0302 »

Wow...good score! Love the propane / PS / PB and AC and the grill is as straight as they come! :eek:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dbarker »

basketcase0302 wrote:Wow...good score! Love the propane / PS / PB and AC and the grill is as straight as they come! :eek:
yeah my 68 had the same aluminum grill and its roached. Cant believe how good this one is. Closer look shows no belt on the AC compressor, so im guessing thats failed. But I should be able to purge the system, get a new compressor in there and be back in business. Based on the condition of everything, i doubt anythings wrong with the unit in the cab.

Ive admired it for years, cant believe i managed to snag it up. Let this be a reminder to you all, just cause theres not a for sale sign doesnt mean you cant ask :wink:
magic bus

Post by magic bus »

Nice !
71 F100 2WD Longbed Sport Custom 390 C6
67 Econoline E100 200 I6 3 on the Tree
70 Mustang Coupe 302 C4

97 Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

Factory vinyl top...wow; that is kind of rare! Keep us up to date on the progress of this beauty! I'm looking forward to seeing her all cleaned up! What's your plans for her?
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
the elder rocker

Post by the elder rocker »

Wow! That is loaded! And on propane. Hank Hill would be so proud! :D
Rusty Nut 68

Post by Rusty Nut 68 »

Have to ask, what's with the Marvel Mystery Oil can ? :?
geradr4

Post by geradr4 »

Rusty Nut 68 wrote:Have to ask, what's with the Marvel Mystery Oil can ? :?
Here's an info from another forum-- bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4210088/Marvel_Mystery_Oil_revealed_..#Post4210088