1968 F100 Ranger Shortbed

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

MurrayPro92

1968 F100 Ranger Shortbed

Post by MurrayPro92 »

Hello all! I am the proud owner of this rough and rusty 1968 F100. It was one of my dads trucks. When he passed away I got this one. He also had a red 1971 longbed F100 but he sold it before he passed. This truck came factory with a 360, 3 speed, 2WD, shortbed, harbor blue with wibledon white roof and back cab. It still has all of those options but the original engine and trans are gone and away. This truck has been through a couple engines and was an automatic at one point in it's life. It is a Ranger and still has most of it's Ranger trim.

This truck in it's current condition is rather rough. It sat for quite a few years with the hood off and no air cleaner so the engine is full of water and stuck solid. It has no interior really and no back glass. It has a rather sloppy floor shifter as well. There is bondo like you would not believe on this thing I mean head to toe it is covered. Under the bondo is some rust of course. Cab floors are rusty but not terribly bad. Bed floor is pretty bad. Cab mounts are solid! The truck has good bones and such it just has a lot of ugly as well. I hope to restore her one day when time and money allow it sooooo not for a long time lol But anyways this is my bump. It is what started my addiction for these trucks. I remember when I was like 7 or 8 I would help my dad work on this truck. Brings back good memories.

Sorry! I thought I had more than just two photos of her! My bad. I will throw in a photo of me and my dad and an old Fairlane my grandfather use to own to keep yall entertained till I can get more photos of the bump!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.