Re: The Time Machine

Post by austin »

that thing sits so nicccceeeee im in love with them wheels
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! Oh, and while I'm posting, I might as well throw this sneak peek out there! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

Thats a good looking cleveland you got their, what kind of goodies you got inside of it.
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! It's .030" over on the bores, .010/.010" on the crank, and has a fully balanced rotating assembly using ARP hardware everywhere. It'll be running a StreetDampr and aluminum flywheel with CenterForce clutch. Intake and heads are gasket matched, and the heads are sporting Beehive springs, Comp Cams stainless steel roller rockers, screw-in studs, and guideplates. The cam is an Edelbrock Performer RPM to match the Edelbrock Performer RPM AirGap intake manifold. The stock distributor has an Ignitor III (which includes rev-limiter) installed and will be paired to an Ignitor III Coil. The carb is a Jet Performance Stage 2 Quadrajet with electric choke, and the air cleaner will be a Spectre Ram Air that has been smoothed and painted blue to look somewhat factory. Fuel pump is a Holley and water pump is a Weiand aluminum. Valve covers are Ansen and the headers will be ceramic-coated Sanderson Shorties. The exhaust will be fully stainless 2.5" diameter with an X-pipe and a pair of polished MagnaPacks. Transmission will be a '67 Mustang TopLoader 4-speed, and the rear end will be stock 3.70 ratio for now, but will have LFP 58" traction bars to control spring wrap.

I haven't brought myself to adding up receipts, but I know for a fact that I have almost as much invested in the engine as I have invested in the purchase and modification of the entire truck so far! But I'm thinking it should be a blast once I get it all together!
:drive:
Jason
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Next time I'm in Houston we're doing lunch at your house just so I can see that in person and bask in it's glow. Your project is really awesome keep up the good work.
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

wt4speed#2 wrote:Next time I'm in Houston we're doing lunch at your house just so I can see that in person and bask in it's glow.
Sounds good! Are you buying lunch? Because I'm a little low on funds right now! :lol: Just kidding! Thanks! :thup:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Jacky Howe

Post by Jacky Howe »

Really enjoying reading this thread and seeing your truck come together, great job, looking forward to seeing the end result :thup: ......not that i want this thread too end :lol:.........maybe the you could put a video post at the end so we can hear the engine and see her on the road??? :D :woohoo:
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Jacky Howe wrote:maybe you could put a video post at the end so we can hear the engine and see her on the road??? :D :woohoo:
I've never posted a video before, but I'll sure try to learn and do it when the truck is up and running. I'd even like to do one of those artsy youtube videos with pics of the truck coming together set to a cool soundtrack! It'll still be a little while though! :thup:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

fordamericana
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fordamericana »

Id really like to see the completed project...
I likes My FE I does...
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Well, my correct pushrods finally made it in Friday, so I was able to set up the valvetrain Saturday. I also installed the intake, valve covers, distributor, and plugs & wires. I still need to install the front pulleys, bracketry, and coil. I also need to test fit the carburetor and bend a new steel fuel line from the pump to the carb. I may try to do that stuff this afternoon. To be continued.......

:D :thup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

AK F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by AK F100 »

Man that looks great. Nice Job!!!!
GPBFD Pyro Maniac
Daily Driver: 1974 F100 4x4 (ride'n on 8-Luggers) Build in progress
1997 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4, 7.3L Diesel SOLD
Pile-O-Parts: 1968 F100 - 2WD Shorty SOLD
Looking for a new project 57-60 Ford Truck
austin
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by austin »

looking good, as usual
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words of encouragement! It really helps knowing that I'm not the only one who would like to see this project up and running! Keep the comments coming; it gets me charged up! :lol:

Well, I figured everyone would like to see photos of the FINALLY completed engine. I have to say, the Quadrajet actually looks at home sitting atop a Ford engine. JET Performance puts together a beautiful carburetor. If it runs as good as it looks, I should be in good shape! The air cleaner is a Spectre aluminum ram air unit that I sanded the welds on the snorkels down and roughed up the chrome before painting. It turned out nicely and the factory decal seems to be a nice addition.

Next on the big list of expensive things to do is order the headers, as well as the rest of the stainless steel exhaust components. The polished Magnapacks are already on the way here! Then I should be ready to yank the six. :D :thup:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Heathcliff68f100

Post by Heathcliff68f100 »

just wondering whats gonna come of the old six and its tranny when you pull it?
1989 dodge b250 van, 239 v6 blown a904 tranny RIP
1968 ford f100 lwb l6 240 c6 tranny
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I'm just going to try and sell them locally after I drop in the V8 and get it running. I like to wait just to make sure that there's not some little part that I need that I forgot to take off. I doubt if they'll bring very much, but income is income. :$$:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed